About This Chapter
Assessing & Identifying Gifted Students - Chapter Summary
How are potential gifted students assessed? What types of issues are associated with identifying gifted students? What happens if a student is misidentified as gifted? These are some of the topics you will explore when you refer to this chapter.
Video and text lessons provide details about assessment procedures and issues that gifted education teachers should be familiar with. After reviewing these lessons, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain qualitative and quantitative assessments used to identify gifted students
- List factors that can lead to the misidentification of a gifted student
- Identify types of assessments used to select gifted students in special populations
- Discuss legal and ethical issues relating to the identification of gifted students
This chapter offers a quick and convenient way to review these topics. Access these lessons at all times, from any device, and even print lesson transcripts if desired. Take self-assessment quizzes to ensure that you fully understand the material in one lesson before you move on to the next.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Gifted Education (5358): Practice & Study Guide course
- Foundations of Gifted Education
- Characteristics & Development of Gifted Students
- Special Issues in Gifted Education
- Curriculum Planning for Gifted Students
- Instructional Strategies for Gifted Students
- Student Self-Advocacy & Responsibility in Gifted Learning
- Learning Environments for Gifted Instruction
- Student Performance & Assessment
- Interpreting Assessment Data for Gifted Students
- Professionalism in Gifted Education
- Praxis Gifted Education Flashcards