About This Chapter
1. Selecting Writing Development Assessments for Students
Teachers need to use assessments in order to design writing instruction to meet all students' needs. This lesson describes writing assessments and shows how to design a writing assessment for students of all grade and ability levels.
2. Formative Writing Assessment Ideas
Formative assessments are a great way for teachers to gauge student strengths and weaknesses. In this lesson, teachers will learn about a variety of formative assessments for writing and how they can be utilized in the classroom.
3. Writing Assessments for ESL Students
This lesson addresses ways in which ESL teachers can assess writing from students of varying ages and English levels. It examines how mechanics, organization, and style all play a role in developing effective writing skills.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES English Language Arts and Reading 4-8 (117): Practice & Study Guide course
- Oral Language Development & Instruction
- Teaching Listening & Speaking Skills
- Phonics & Phonological Awareness
- Supporting Emergent Literacy
- Reading Fluency & Comprehension
- Reading Strategies & Practice
- Promoting Literacy in the Classroom
- Literacy Assessments for Texas Educators
- Elements of Literature
- Literary Structure & Elements for Comprehension
- Interpreting Informational Texts & Data
- Understanding Nonfiction & Fiction Genres
- Elements & Genres of Dramatic Literature
- Analyzing & Interpreting Poetry
- Significant Authors, Poets & Literary Works
- Writing Mechanics & Conventions
- Spelling Rules in English
- Writing Instruction for Texas Educators
- Visual Media Literacy in the Texas Classroom
- Research Instruction for Texas Educators
- TExES English Language Arts and Reading 4-8 Flashcards