About This Chapter
Assessment Data in Early Education - Chapter Summary
This self-paced chapter examines the uses of assessment data in early education. These short and simple lessons will show you the basics of data collection, organization and display, as well as the ways in which data can be used to inform/improve early education instruction. By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand how to properly collect, display and organize data
- Include multiple sources of data for assessments
- Inform instruction based on data
To help you reinforce your understanding of these data assessment concepts, we've included interactive lesson quizzes and a multiple-choice chapter exam. You can access these resources at any time using your desktop, laptop or mobile device. Revisit the lessons as many times as needed, and feel free to reach out to our instructors if you have any questions.
1. Overview of Collecting, Organizing & Displaying Data
Teachers need to understand how to collect, display, and analyze data in a way that answers guiding questions about student learning. This lesson discusses types of data and graphic displays that provide valuable information for making decisions in the classroom.
2. Using Multiple Data Sources for Assessments
What is the best way for teachers to assess their students' knowledge and skills? In this lesson, we'll discuss different types of assessments and why using multiple data sources to assess learning is best for students and teachers alike.
3. Using Data to Inform Instruction
This lesson highlights how data is used to improve student achievement through instruction, assessment, analysis, and re-teaching. A short quiz will follow to test your knowledge.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Pre-Kindergarten Education (5531): Practice & Study Guide course
- Development of Young Children
- Basics of Early Childhood Education
- Influences on Early Childhood Development
- Language Development in Children
- Atypical Development & Delays
- Federal Legislation Related to Children With Exceptionalities
- Accommodating Children With Diverse Needs
- Adaptive & Assistive Equipment for Learning
- Multicultural & Antibias Curriculum
- Early Childhood Classroom Safety
- Learning Environments in Early Education
- Managing the Learning Environment
- Instructional Planning for Early Education
- Instructional Processes for Early Education
- Grouping Techniques for Classrooms
- Integrated Curriculum & Interdisciplinary Connections for ECE
- Art Education for Early Childhood
- Physical Health & Wellness Education
- Fundamentals of Literacy in Early Education
- Fundamentals of Math in Early Education
- Fundamentals of Social Studies in Early Education
- Fundamentals of Science in Early Education
- Early Childhood Educational Technology
- Assessments in Early Childhood Education
- Professional Development for Early Childhood Teachers
- Ethics & Professionalism in Early Education
- Family Collaboration & Advocacy in Early Childhood Education
- Praxis Pre-Kindergarten Education Flashcards