About This Chapter
ASSET Elementary Algebra: Solving Quadratic Equations - Chapter Summary
In this series of lesson videos, our professional instructors will help you prepare for questions on the ASSET Elementary Algebra test that may require you to solve quadratic equations. Our instructors will demonstrate the different forms of quadratic equations and the various ways you might solve them. Follow along with them to review:
- What a quadratic equation is
- How to solve quadratic equations using greatest common factors and the multiplication property of zero
- Solving quadratic equations with the quadratic formula
- Solving quadratics that are not in a standard form
- How to solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials
The chapter includes videos and transcripts as well as multiple-choice quizzes. The lesson quizzes are designed to make sure you understand the above concepts. Once you've completed the lessons and assessments, you might take the practice chapter exam to measure your skills in solving quadratics before you move on to the next chapter.
ASSET Elementary Algebra: Solving Quadratic Equations Objectives
A good number of community and technical colleges use the ASSET Student Success System when making placement decisions. One of these tests is the ASSET Elementary Algebra test, which is composed of 25 questions used to assess test-takers' understanding of pre-algebra, elementary algebra and intermediate algebra. When you take this exam, you will be asked to complete these questions in a 25-minute testing session. To improve your understanding of algebra, complete this chapter and reinforce your ability to solve quadratics.
1. What is a Quadratic Equation? - Definition & Examples
You might be surprised to learn that quadratic equations are an important part of the world we live in. We sometimes even make use of them for our entertainment! Watch this video lesson to learn more about these equations.
2. Solving Quadratics: Assigning the Greatest Common Factor and Multiplication Property of Zero
When it comes to solving quadratics, we have at our disposal several methods. Watch this video lesson to learn one such method you can use to solve quadratics that don't have a constant term.
3. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
When solving a quadratic equation by factoring doesn't work, the quadratic formula is here to save the day. Learn what it is and how to use it in this lesson.
4. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
It isn't always the case that your equation will be set up nicely for you to solve. In this lesson, learn how to factor or use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations, even when they are not in standard form.
5. Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials
Watch this video lesson to learn what simple steps you can take to solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials. See how it only requires a few steps to solve quadratic inequalities using this method.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ASSET Elementary Algebra Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- ASSET Elementary Algebra: Algebraic Expressions
- ASSET Elementary Algebra: Polynomial Operations
- ASSET Elementary Algebra: Factoring Polynomials
- ASSET Elementary Algebra: Integers
- ASSET Elementary Algebra: Integer Exponents
- ASSET Elementary Algebra: Rational Expressions
- ASSET Elementary Algebra: Linear Equations
- ASSET Elementary Algebra Test Flashcards