About This Chapter
ASSET Geometry Test: Similar Figures - Chapter Summary
These lessons have been assembled to help you identify and construct similar geometric figures. Watch our professional instructors in this series of short and engaging lesson videos to review:
- What similar polygons are
- How to recognize similar triangles and construct similar polygons
- Similar triangles and their applications
After you've completed a lesson, take the quiz that accompanies it to gauge how much you remember. If you find a topic that confuses you, ask our instructors for assistance by using a feature on the Dashboard. A practice chapter exam is included that will determine whether you know enough about similar figures to take the ASSET Geometry Test.
ASSET Geometry Test: Similar Figures Objectives
Many community and technical colleges use the ASSET assessments to aid them in their admissions and curriculum placement decisions for incoming students. The ASSET Geometry Test consists of 25 questions administered in a 25-minute session. With the help of this chapter, you could be able to improve your understanding of similar figures and answer related questions in an efficient manner.
1. Similar Polygons: Definition and Examples
Watch this video to learn what makes two polygons similar to each other. You'll also learn the one distinguishing aspect of similar polygons and see an example of how to compare two polygons.
2. Constructing Similar Polygons
This lesson will teach you how to construct similar polygons, which are very useful in many quantitative fields. You'll learn that all of this has something to do with, of all things, snowflakes!
3. How to Identify Similar Triangles
Similar triangles have the same characteristics as similar figures but can be identified much more easily. Learn the shortcuts for identifying similar triangles here and test your ability with a quiz.
4. Applications of Similar Triangles
Similar triangles are used to solve problems in everyday situations. Learn how to solve with similar triangles here, and then test your understanding with a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ASSET Geometry Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- ASSET Geometry Test: Basic Geometry
- ASSET Geometry Test: Lines & Angles
- ASSET Geometry Test: Polygons
- ASSET Geometry Test: Triangles
- ASSET Geometry Test: Quadrilaterals
- ASSET Geometry Test: Circles
- ASSET Geometry Test: Complex Figures
- ASSET Geometry Test: Geometric Constructions
- ASSET Geometry Test: Area, Circumference & Perimeter
- ASSET Geometry Test Flashcards