About This Chapter
ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Inequalities in Math - Chapter Summary
The lessons within this math-related chapter can help you pick up and remember important details about inequalities in math. As you get ready for the test, you will also discover old and new information about:
- The definition of an inequality in relation to math
- Solving practice problems that involve the graphing of inequalities
- Absolute value inequalities
- Graphing inequalities with one or two variables
- Compound inequalities and set notation
The lessons can help prepare you for the ASSET Numerical Skills Test because they discuss inequality-related topics that you are going to find on the actual assessment. Thanks to quizzes at the end of each lesson, you can see if you are remembering the right material.
ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Inequalities in Math Objectives
When you take the ASSET Numerical Skills Test, you will see if you know the material necessary to be considered for admission to different postsecondary institutions. The material discussed in this Inequalities in Math chapter is part of the pre-algebra section of the exam, which makes up 22% of the entire test. You will be asked to answer multiple-choice questions that require you to first read through a problem. Working your way through each lesson gives you the tools and resources to do well on the exam.
1. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
2. Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
In this lesson, we'll explore the conditions of compound inequalities and learn how to express them using set notation and interval notation. Test you knowledge afterward with a short quiz.
3. How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
So an inequality is just an equation with a less than or greater than symbol. But what is the difference between 1 and 2 variable inequalities? What does have a greater than or equal to symbol change? When do you use a number line instead of a coordinate plane? Get those answers here!
4. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
If you're already pretty familiar with what inequalities are and just looking for a place to practice your skills, this is the place. This lesson covers topics like 1-variable, 2-variable, compound, and systems of inequalities.
5. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
Taking two skills and combining them to make a more complicated problem is a classic tactic in mathematics. If you feel confident with absolute values and inequalities, see if you can tackle them with their powers combined here!
6. Solving and Graphing Absolute Value Inequalities: Practice Problems
Solving and graphing absolute value inequalities brings a lot of different skills together in one place. The practice problems in this video will give you a good chance to see more examples of absolute value inequalities but will also test your general algebraic knowledge.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Solving Word Problems in Math
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Basic Math Operations
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Using Decimals
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Understanding Fractions
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Operations with Fractions
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Using Percents
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Calculating Taxes, Discounts & Interest
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Ratios & Proportions
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Understanding Math Formulas
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Factoring Prime & Composite Numbers
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Positive & Negative Numbers
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Absolute Value
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Scientific Notation
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test: Square Roots
- ASSET Numerical Skills Test Flashcards