About This Chapter
ASVAB: Human Reproduction - Chapter Summary
Use our video lessons to get ready for the science subtest of the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB). Refresh your memory of human reproduction through the topics listed below:
- Anatomy and organs of the male reproductive system
- Female reproductive system's internal anatomy
- Fertilization and zygote formation
Our lessons offer video animations, full transcripts with clear headings and key words, the ability to pause and repeat as needed and video tags for easy return to specific portions. You may watch the presentations at any time of the day or night and on the device that best suits your needs. By taking the self-assessment lesson quizzes and chapter test, you'll spot any topics that might need a little more review.
ASVAB: Human Reproduction Objectives
The General Science subtest of the ASVAB gauges your understanding of physical and biological science topics like human reproduction. You'll be required to answer 16 questions in 8 minutes if you take the computerized battery, or 25 questions in 11 minutes if you choose the pencil and paper version, making the science section about 11% of the entire exam. Our multiple-choice assessments are any easy way to practice your test-taking skills for the ASVAB.
1. Overview of Animal Reproduction and Development
At this stage in life, you likely know where babies come from. However, did you know that some animals can make clones of themselves and reproduce sexually too? In this lesson, you'll learn more about sexual reproduction and early vertebrate development.
2. Male Reproductive System: Functions, Organs & Anatomy
Ever wonder what the inside of a male looks like? Find out in this lesson that explores the inner workings of the male reproductive system and the pathway that sperm takes.
3. Spermatogenesis: How the Male Reproductive System Produces Sperm
In this lesson, you'll learn the series of steps necessary to produce a fully functional sperm cell. You'll also look at the structure of a sperm cell and see how it's equipped to venture forth into new territory.
4. Female Reproductive System: Internal Anatomy
Ever wonder where a female produces her eggs or how they get from the ovary to the uterus? Find out in this lesson about the internal reproductive anatomy of females.
5. Oogenesis: How the Female Reproductive System Produces Eggs
Did you know that a human female already has all of the oocytes that she will make in her entire life before she is even born? In this lesson, you'll learn how the human body produces an ovum through the process of oogenesis. You'll also learn how polar bodies help to ensure that female gametes are of high quality even though they are not produced in high quantities.
6. Fertilization and Zygote Formation: Definition and Processes
Follow the male's sperm and the female's egg on their way to meet each other in this lesson that takes you through the process of fertilization in humans. Learn about the obstacles the sperm must get through before it can fertilize the egg.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ASVAB Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery: Practice & Study Guide course
- ASVAB: Cell Biology
- ASVAB: Respiration & Photosynthesis
- ASVAB: Cell Division
- ASVAB: Genetics
- ASVAB: Evolution
- ASVAB: Classification
- ASVAB: Plant Biology
- ASVAB: Animal Biology
- ASVAB: Nutrition
- ASVAB: The Human Digestive System
- ASVAB: The Human Respiratory & Circulatory Systems
- ASVAB: The Human Excretory System
- ASVAB: The Human Endocrine System
- ASVAB: The Human Nervous System
- ASVAB: Ecology
- ASVAB: Matter & Atomic Structure
- ASVAB: The Periodic Table
- ASVAB: Chemical Reactions & Bonding
- ASVAB: Measurement
- ASVAB: Nuclear Chemistry
- ASVAB: Motion
- ASVAB: Force
- ASVAB: Energy & Work
- ASVAB: Fluids
- ASVAB: Waves & Sound
- ASVAB: Geology
- ASVAB: Meteorology
- ASVAB: Oceanography
- ASVAB: Astronomy
- ASVAB: Understanding Words & Context
- ASVAB: Paragraph Comprehension
- ASVAB: Numbers
- ASVAB: Mathematical Operations
- ASVAB: Math Word Problems
- ASVAB: Numbers & Operations
- ASVAB: Fractions
- ASVAB: Basic Expressions
- ASVAB: Solving Equations
- ASVAB: Exponents
- ASVAB: Polynomials
- ASVAB: Geometry & Algebra
- ASVAB: Electric Force & Charge
- ASVAB: Magnetism
- ASVAB: Electric Circuits
- ASVAB: Power, Devices & Computers
- ASVAB: Mechanical Comprehension
- ASVAB: Assembling Objects
- ASVAB Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery Flashcards