About This Chapter
ASVAB: Magnetism - Chapter Summary
Review all the essential aspects of magnetism for the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB). The following topics are included in this interesting chapter:
- Effects of magnetic forces on moving charges
- Electromagnetic induction
- Sources and properties of electromagnetic waves
- Main regions of the electromagnetic spectrum
- Spectrum and color frequency of light
These intriguing video lessons will touch all the bases of magnetism to make sure you're prepared when test day arrives. Watch them as many times as you want, using your favorite devices. If you'd rather read your lessons first, or go back for another review, we also have full transcripts available. Take the quick quizzes and chapter test to find out immediately if you're on track.
ASVAB: Magnetism Objectives
Your understanding of magnetism topics may be measured through the Electronics Information or General Science subtests of the ASVAB. A computerized or paper-and-pencil version are offered for the complete battery, on which electronics or science items comprise between 8% and 11% of the questions. Our lessons about magnetic forces, electromagnetism and light will guide your study. You can practice your test-taking skills by completing our multiple-choice assessments, and also see some of the same question types you might come across on the ASVAB.
1. How Magnetic Forces Affect Moving Charges
A magnetic field exerts a force on a moving charged particle in ways that you might not expect. In this lesson, we're going to look at the direction of this force and the factors that affect its strength.
2. Electromagnetic Induction: Definition & Variables that Affect Induction
We use electromagnetic induction every day, but do you have any idea what it is? In this lesson, we'll discuss this everyday phenomenon, the factors that affect its strength and its most common applications.
3. Electromagnetic Induction: Conductor to Conductor & Transformers
Every day, we make use of a special case of electromagnetic induction known as mutual induction. In this lesson, we'll talk about this special phenomenon and how it is used in many common devices.
4. Electromagnetic Waves: Definition, Sources & Properties
In this lesson, learn the basics of electromagnetic waves and how they make up the electromagnetic spectrum. We will explore the major trends and categories within the spectrum, as well as the various sources of electromagnetic waves.
5. The 7 Major Regions of the Electromagnetic Spectrum
This lesson will walk you through each of the major regions of the electromagnetic spectrum. Explore the unique characteristics of X-rays, microwaves, radio waves, UV rays, infrared, gamma rays, and of course, visible light.
6. The Nature of Light: Origin, Spectrum & Color Frequency
This lesson introduces the basics of visible light and color. Learn how the visible light spectrum is divided into the six color ranges. We'll also discuss why different people name colors in different ways.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ASVAB Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery: Practice & Study Guide course
- ASVAB: Cell Biology
- ASVAB: Respiration & Photosynthesis
- ASVAB: Cell Division
- ASVAB: Genetics
- ASVAB: Evolution
- ASVAB: Classification
- ASVAB: Plant Biology
- ASVAB: Animal Biology
- ASVAB: Nutrition
- ASVAB: The Human Digestive System
- ASVAB: The Human Respiratory & Circulatory Systems
- ASVAB: The Human Excretory System
- ASVAB: The Human Endocrine System
- ASVAB: The Human Nervous System
- ASVAB: Human Reproduction
- ASVAB: Ecology
- ASVAB: Matter & Atomic Structure
- ASVAB: The Periodic Table
- ASVAB: Chemical Reactions & Bonding
- ASVAB: Measurement
- ASVAB: Nuclear Chemistry
- ASVAB: Motion
- ASVAB: Force
- ASVAB: Energy & Work
- ASVAB: Fluids
- ASVAB: Waves & Sound
- ASVAB: Geology
- ASVAB: Meteorology
- ASVAB: Oceanography
- ASVAB: Astronomy
- ASVAB: Understanding Words & Context
- ASVAB: Paragraph Comprehension
- ASVAB: Numbers
- ASVAB: Mathematical Operations
- ASVAB: Math Word Problems
- ASVAB: Numbers & Operations
- ASVAB: Fractions
- ASVAB: Basic Expressions
- ASVAB: Solving Equations
- ASVAB: Exponents
- ASVAB: Polynomials
- ASVAB: Geometry & Algebra
- ASVAB: Electric Force & Charge
- ASVAB: Electric Circuits
- ASVAB: Power, Devices & Computers
- ASVAB: Mechanical Comprehension
- ASVAB: Assembling Objects
- ASVAB Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery Flashcards