About This Chapter
ASVAB Math: Quadratic Equations - Chapter Summary
A number of topics related to solving quadratics are clearly presented in this chapter with easily understood examples to support the text. You'll get preparation for some ASVAB Math test questions from the following video and text lesson topics:
- The greatest common factor
- Multiplication property of zero
- The quadratic formula and its use
- Solving quadratics out of standard form
- Using two binomials to solve quadratic inequalities
The fun videos in this chapter on quadratics are brief and effectively demonstrate what is discussed in the text lessons. Use the video tags to pick and choose specific points in the video lessons that you want to study some more. You'll notice the bold key terms in each text lesson that zero in on the biggest concepts.
Objectives of the ASVAB Math: Quadratic Equations Chapter
The ASVAB Mathematics Knowledge subtest has a multiple-choice format for all its questions. This is a timed test that gives you 24 minutes to finish the 25 paper-and-pencil version questions and 20 minutes for the 16 test items that are on the computer-adaptive exam. The vast majority of test takers do not need all the time that they're permitted for the computer-based ASVAB subtests. After you have spent some time studying the lessons you can get a measurement of your understanding by taking the practice quizzes.
1. What is a Quadratic Equation? - Definition & Examples
You might be surprised to learn that quadratic equations are an important part of the world we live in. We sometimes even make use of them for our entertainment! Watch this video lesson to learn more about these equations.
2. Solving Quadratics: Assigning the Greatest Common Factor and Multiplication Property of Zero
When it comes to solving quadratics, we have at our disposal several methods. Watch this video lesson to learn one such method you can use to solve quadratics that don't have a constant term.
3. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
When solving a quadratic equation by factoring doesn't work, the quadratic formula is here to save the day. Learn what it is and how to use it in this lesson.
4. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
It isn't always the case that your equation will be set up nicely for you to solve. In this lesson, learn how to factor or use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations, even when they are not in standard form.
5. Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials
Watch this video lesson to learn what simple steps you can take to solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials. See how it only requires a few steps to solve quadratic inequalities using this method.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ASVAB Mathematics Knowledge: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- ASVAB Math: Basic Arithmetic
- ASVAB Math: Math Expressions and Formulas
- ASVAB Math: Solving Math Word Problems
- ASVAB Math: Rounding Numbers and Decimals
- ASVAB Math: Fractions
- ASVAB Math: Factorials in Math
- ASVAB Math: Reciprocals
- ASVAB Math: Types of Numbers
- ASVAB Math: Patterns & Sequences
- ASVAB Math: Exponents
- ASVAB Math: Properties of Exponents
- ASVAB Math: Algebraic Expressions and Equations
- ASVAB Math: Factoring
- ASVAB Math: Working with Quadratic Equations
- ASVAB Math: Inequalities
- ASVAB Math: Calculating Interest
- ASVAB Math: Circles
- ASVAB Math: Geometry
- About the ASVAB Test
- ASVAB Mathematics Knowledge Flashcards