About This Chapter
ASVAB: Numbers - Chapter Summary
These lessons offer clear-cut definitions and examples to get you well-acquainted with the numbers discussed. Lessons focus on the following material to prepare you for the ASVAB:
- Whole numbers
- Decimal place value
- Decimals: ordering and making comparisons
- Percentages and how they are used
- Proper, improper, like and unlike fractions
Once you've spent just a few minutes with each engaging video lesson, you'll have a better grasp of the material. Try a practice quiz after each lesson for an accurate assessment of your comprehension.
Objectives of the ASVAB: Numbers Chapter
The ASVAB looks at an examinee's fit for the military going by knowledge and skills indicated across the exam's multiple-choice items. This chapter acquaints you with material that's helpful for the Mathematics Knowledge subtest. This subtest includes a total of 16 questions on the computerized ASVAB and 25 questions on its paper-based version.
1. What are Whole Numbers? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn about whole numbers , including what they are and what distinguishes them from other types of numbers. We'll also take a look at a few things about whole numbers that sometimes trip students up.
2. What is a Decimal Place Value?
In this video lesson, you will see how a decimal, a simple dot, can change the place value of all the digits in a number. You will also learn how to read decimals using place values.
3. Comparing and Ordering Decimals
In this video lesson, you'll find out how you can look at any two decimals and immediately tell which is greater than the other. You'll also learn how to quickly sort decimals from least to greatest or vice versa.
4. What is a Fraction? - Definition and Types
Fractions may be your friend's worst nightmare, but they don't have to be yours. Watch this video lesson to learn about fractions and how you can understand them easily. Also learn to identify the different types of fractions.
5. Comparing and Ordering Fractions
Comparing and ordering fractions is way to examine fractions that contain different-sized sets. In order to compare these fractions, you must find a common denominator and make equivalent fractions.
6. Percents: Definition, Application & Examples
Maybe you know that 95% is an A and 75% is a C. But what do those percents really mean? In this lesson, we'll learn about percents, including how to convert them to fractions and decimals.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ASVAB Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery: Practice & Study Guide course
- ASVAB: Cell Biology
- ASVAB: Respiration & Photosynthesis
- ASVAB: Cell Division
- ASVAB: Genetics
- ASVAB: Evolution
- ASVAB: Classification
- ASVAB: Plant Biology
- ASVAB: Animal Biology
- ASVAB: Nutrition
- ASVAB: The Human Digestive System
- ASVAB: The Human Respiratory & Circulatory Systems
- ASVAB: The Human Excretory System
- ASVAB: The Human Endocrine System
- ASVAB: The Human Nervous System
- ASVAB: Human Reproduction
- ASVAB: Ecology
- ASVAB: Matter & Atomic Structure
- ASVAB: The Periodic Table
- ASVAB: Chemical Reactions & Bonding
- ASVAB: Measurement
- ASVAB: Nuclear Chemistry
- ASVAB: Motion
- ASVAB: Force
- ASVAB: Energy & Work
- ASVAB: Fluids
- ASVAB: Waves & Sound
- ASVAB: Geology
- ASVAB: Meteorology
- ASVAB: Oceanography
- ASVAB: Astronomy
- ASVAB: Understanding Words & Context
- ASVAB: Paragraph Comprehension
- ASVAB: Mathematical Operations
- ASVAB: Math Word Problems
- ASVAB: Numbers & Operations
- ASVAB: Fractions
- ASVAB: Basic Expressions
- ASVAB: Solving Equations
- ASVAB: Exponents
- ASVAB: Polynomials
- ASVAB: Geometry & Algebra
- ASVAB: Electric Force & Charge
- ASVAB: Magnetism
- ASVAB: Electric Circuits
- ASVAB: Power, Devices & Computers
- ASVAB: Mechanical Comprehension
- ASVAB: Assembling Objects
- ASVAB Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery Flashcards