About This Chapter
At Work: Job Terms in Spanish - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
Use the instructional videos in this chapter to get the hang of conjugating verbs - like anunciar, solicitar, emplear, and jubilarse - in the present perfect tense. Instructors can also help you develop an understanding of words and phrases you might use to discuss your day at work and walk you through practice activities designed to give you extra exposure to this vocabulary. Video lessons, transcripts and self-assessment quizzes included in this chapter are designed to teach you how to do the following:
- Discuss employment using the proper Spanish vocabulary
- Use verbs conjugated in the present perfect tense
- Form past participles or regular and irregular verbs
- Understand written and spoken conversations about work
|Spanish Vocabulary: Job-Specific Terms||Memorize a set of job-specific vocabulary, including beneficios, solicitud, la hoja de vida, el turno de dia, empleador, entrevista, puesto, titulado, de jornada completa, de media jornada, currículo, vacaciones, and sueldo.|
|Spanish Grammar: The Past Participle||Learn how to use irregular and regular past participle forms.|
|Spanish Grammar: The Present Perfect Tense||Examine the formation of the present perfect tense.|
|Practice Activity: Read Classified Ads in Spanish||Read a set of sample classified job ads to solidify your understanding of related vocabulary terms.|
|Practice Activity: Listen to Work Descriptions in Spanish||Listen as people use preterite and present perfect tenses to describe their day at work.|
1. Spanish Vocabulary: Job-Specific Terms
Job-specific terms are a must when trying to find a job in a Spanish-speaking country. Learn Spanish words and phrases to go job-hunting and practice vocabulary through an example job interview.
2. Spanish Grammar: The Past Participle
The past participle in Spanish grammar is a verb form used as an adjective or in compound tenses. Discover regular past participles, irregular past participles, and past participles used as adjectives in this lesson.
3. Spanish Grammar: The Present Perfect Tense
The present perfect tense expresses an action or an event that happened at an indefinite time in the past. Learn the present tense conjugation of 'haber,' explore the past participle, and practice your new knowledge of the present perfect.
4. Practice Activity: Read Classified Ads in Spanish
Looking at job ads is one of the main methods for finding a job. Practice your Spanish grammar and vocabulary skills in this activity by reading classified ads in Spanish.
5. Practice Activity: Listen to Work Descriptions in Spanish
Work descriptions are an essential part of any language, including Spanish. Complete this Spanish practice activity about listening to a friend's work day.
6. Formal Greetings in Spanish: Words & Phrases
When you go to the Spanish-speaking world, you greet people you see for the first time, like a potential employer or business partner. For this reason, it is important to know how to use formal greetings. We will learn formal Spanish greetings in this lesson.
7. Construction Terms in Spanish
Words like 'construction worker', 'bricks' and 'cement' come in handy if you plan to deal with Spanish speakers when building a house or for any construction project. This lesson gives you some useful terminology and common phrases you can use.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Basic Spanish: Help & Review course
- Conversational Spanish
- Advanced Spanish Vocabulary Words
- Spanish Food Related Vocabulary
- Spanish Grammar Rules
- Spanish Punctuation
- Spanish Tenses
- Spanish Verb Conjugation
- Spanish Vocabulary Words
- Spanish Past Tense Conjugation
- Subjunctive Conjugation in Spanish
- Conjugating Verbs in Spanish
- Spanish Word Choice
- Reflexive Verb Conjugation in Spanish
- Spanish Present Tense Conjugation
- Spanish Progressive Tense
- The Imperfect Progressive in Spanish
- Spanish Participles
- Spanish Perfect Tense
- Describing Future Plans in Spanish
- Giving Advice in Spanish
- Politics/Government Terms in Spanish
- Discussing International Politics in Spanish
- Reading Terms in Spanish
- Advertising in Spanish
- If I were... Professions in Spanish
- Social Life in Spanish
- Health and Safety Terms in Spanish
- Describing a House in Spanish
- Chores in Spanish
- Spanish Interrogatives
- Nouns and Gender in Spanish
- Spanish Special Occasion Vocabulary