About This Chapter
Australian Plants and Animals for Kids - Chapter Summary
This convenient online chapter covers Australian plant and animal topics for kids. Using an engaging teaching style, our instructors will highlight interesting information about plants and animals from the continent of Australia, such as tree kangaroos. The chapter is available to access at any time, and you can assign your students the accompanying lesson quizzes to evaluate their comprehension of the chapter topics.
- Facts about tree kangaroos
- More Australian plants and animals
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about Australian plants and animals will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about different types of plants and animals from Australia.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about different types of Australian plants and animals
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about Australian plants and animals
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about Australian plants and animals
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the Australian plants and animals your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about Australian plants and animals.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands Australian plants and animals by completing the Australian Plants and Animals for Kids chapter exam.
1. Tree-Kangaroo Facts: Lesson for Kids
Tree kangaroos are a kind of animal only found in a few places on Earth. Come learn about these animals, where they live, what they look like and some other interesting facts about them.
2. Facts About Emus: Lesson for Kids
Did you know that some birds swallow rocks? In this lesson, you'll find out why emus swallow rocks and how these rocks help them. You'll also find out some other interesting facts about emus, one of the world's biggest birds.
3. Cassowary Information: Lesson for Kids
A cassowary is a very large bird native to Australia and New Guinea. With unique features and a secret weapon, it is truly one-of-a-kind. Read on to learn more about the cassowary.
4. Laughing Kookaburra Facts: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, learn about the Laughing Kookaburra, a loud and unusual bird that lives in Australia and is brave enough to kill snakes! Find out more about what else they eat and how they live in families in tree holes.
5. Moa Facts: Lesson for Kids
Do you think an ostrich is a tall bird? Would you be surprised to learn that there was once a bird that was about twice as tall as an ostrich? Read this lesson to learn more about the moa, and to find out why there are no moa alive today.
6. Australian Pelican Facts: Lesson for Kids
Australian Pelicans are one of the biggest flying birds in the world. In this lesson, you'll find out what world record they hold and learn about the unusual habits of this large bird.
7. Rainbow Lorikeet Facts: Lesson for Kids
If you were in Australia, you might catch a glimpse of a brightly-colored bird called the Rainbow Lorikeet. In this lesson, find out why they were given this colorful name and how these birds help plants.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Animals for Kids course
- Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School
- Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School
- Cheetahs for Elementary School
- Horses for Elementary School
- Tigers for Elementary School
- What Animals Eat for Elementary School
- Animals of Geographic Locations for Kids
- Large Mammals for Kids
- Bugs, Butterflies & Insects for Kids
- Reptiles for Kids
- Aquatic Animals & Marine Life for Kids
- Foxes & Wolves for Kids
- Small Mammals for Kids
- Monkeys, Apes, and Chimps for Kids
- Snakes for Elementary School
- Crustaceans for Elementary School
- Birds for Elementary School
- Fish for Elementary School
- Trees for Elementary School
- Plants for Elementary School
- Pigs for Elementary School
- Sea Creatures for Elementary School
- Large Birds for Elementary School
- Cranes for Elementary School
- Doves for Elementary School
- Egrets for Elementary School
- Geese for Elementary School
- Gulls for Elementary School
- Hawks for Elementary School
- Herons for Elementary School
- Rain Forest Birds for Elementary School
- Falcons for Elementary School
- Woodpeckers for Elementary School