About This Chapter
Aztec Civilization for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Help your elementary school students discover or refresh their knowledge of the Aztec civilization by utilizing this chapter's entertaining lessons. Topics explored include Aztec art, gods, goddesses, architecture and emperors. Choose one, two or any number of lessons for your students to review based on the knowledge you want them to attain. This chapter can be accessed in the classroom, at home or any location with an Internet connection.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with the Aztec civilization will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about the Aztec civilization.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding Aztec hierarchy, currency, economy and more
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about the Aztec civilization
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about the Aztec civilization
- Students who struggle to understand their history teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra history resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover Aztec civilization topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about the Aztec civilization.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands the Aztec civilization by completing the Aztec Civilization for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Aztec Art Lesson for Kids: History & Facts
Feather headdresses, pottery and a stone calendar measuring 12 feet in length are just a few examples of Aztec art. In this lesson, discover the history behind the art and why it was important to the Aztec people.
2. Aztec Hierarchy: Lesson for Kids
Almost every society in the world has a social hierarchy, including the Aztecs. Come and learn how to define hierarchy, as well as information about the upper, middle and lower classes.
3. Aztec Lesson for Kids: Clothes & Food
Can you imagine what it would be like to live in the Aztec culture? What would you eat? What would you wear? Come and learn all about the food and fashion of the Aztecs in this lesson.
4. The Aztec God of War: Lesson for Kids
The Aztec god of war was a very important god to the Aztec people. Come learn about this god, what he looked like, what else he was the god of and some other interesting facts about him.
5. Aztec Gods & Goddesses Facts: Lesson for Kids
Learn about some of the most important gods and goddesses in the Aztec people's religion by reading this lesson. The Aztecs recognized many different gods that represented all parts of their lives and their world.
6. The Aztec Lesson for Kids: Currency & Economy
In this lesson, you will learn about how the Aztec people used cocoa beans, vegetables, animals, and copper as money. You will get to explore how agriculture played a vital role in the Aztec economy.
7. The Aztec God of Fire: Lesson for Kids
This lesson will introduce you to the Xiuhtecuhtli, the Aztec God of Fire. You will learn about who he was, what his role was, and how the Aztecs celebrated him.
8. The Aztec God of Wind: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson you will learn about an important Aztec god: the god of wind, named Ehecatl. Find out how he is related to Quetzalcoatl and how he helped create the world.
9. Aztec Architecture: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you will learn about how the Aztec civilization created homes, courts, and gardens surrounding great pieces of architecture such as pyramids and temples.
10. Aztec Emperors: Lesson for Kids
If you lived in the Aztec civilization, your life would mostly be determined by the decisions made by the emperors. Come and learn about some of the most infamous Aztec emperors in history.
11. Aztec Pyramids: Lesson for Kids
The Aztecs of Mexico built huge pyramids for government and religious purposes, some of which still stand today. Learn about the achievements of the Aztecs and the reason for their pyramids in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ancient History for Kids course
- History of the Ancient Near East for Kids
- The Ancient World for Elementary School
- Ancient Rome for Elementary School
- Ancient Greece for Elementary School
- Ancient China for Elementary School
- Ancient Egypt for Elementary School
- Inca Civilization for Elementary School
- Maya Civilization for Kids
- Ancient Astronomy for Elementary School
- Greek Myths for Elementary School