About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other microbiology work.
- Identify the respiratory tract bacterial diseases concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our microbiology tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn bacterial diseases of the respiratory tract and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the various diseases' causes, symptoms, transmission methods and treatments or any other bacterial diseases of the respiratory tract topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their biology learning
- Prefer learning biology visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their bacterial diseases of the respiratory tract unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in microbiology
- Don't have access to their biology teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning bacterial diseases of the respiratory tract simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live microbiology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn bacterial diseases of the respiratory tract on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Explain the causes, symptoms and treatments of diphtheria.
- Discuss the causes and symptoms of whooping cough.
- Learn the causes, symptoms and treatments of Legionnaire's disease.
- Take a look at the treatments for tuberculosis.
- Describe the causes, symptoms and treatments for strep throat.
- Discuss the symptoms and treatments for bacterial meningitis.
- Learn the causes and treatments of bacterial pneumonia.
1. What Is Diphtheria? - Cause, Symptoms & Treatments
This lesson will discuss a bacterium known as Corynebacterium diphtheria, the disease diphtheria, exotoxins, endotoxins, A-B toxins, pseudomembranes, bull-necks, and more!
2. Pertussis: Cause & Symptoms of Whooping Cough
This lesson will describe Bordetella pertussis, whooping cough, the hundred days' cough, respiratory cilia, and the signs, symptoms, prevention, and treatment associated with pertussis.
3. Legionnaires' Disease: Cause, Symptoms & Treatment
This lesson discusses something known as Legionnaires' disease. We will talk about the bacterium responsible for this disease, how amoebae may be involved, the signs of this disease, and whether or not any treatment option exists for it.
4. Tuberculosis: Diagnosis, Treatments & Latency
This lesson will discuss the disease known as tuberculosis. We will talk about mycobacterium tuberculosis, latent TB, TB disease, mycolic acid, and the symptoms, signs, and treatments used for this terrible disease.
5. Strep Throat: Cause, Symptoms & Treatments
This lesson will discuss something we've almost all had: strep throat. We'll discuss beta-hemolysis, Streptococcus pyogenes, pharyngitis, halitosis, pus, and all sorts of other things pertaining to strep throat.
6. Bacterial Meningitis: Transmission, Symptoms & Treatments
This lesson will discuss something known as bacterial meningitis. We'll talk about the causes of this condition, ways by which you can get it, diagnosis and treatments strategies, as well as the symptoms and signs associated with bacterial meningitis.
7. Bacterial Pneumonia: Causes, Signs & Treatments
This lesson will discuss the causes of bacterial pneumonia. We'll also look into how bacterial pneumonia is diagnosed and treated as well as the common signs and symptoms associated with this condition.
8. What is Streptococcus Pyogenes? - Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
Streptococcus pyogenes is a ubiquitous bacterium responsible for hundreds of millions of illnesses throughout the world each year, some of which are fatal. Learn about the variety and severity of these illnesses in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Microbiology: Tutoring Solution course
- Biology Review for Microbiology: Tutoring Solution
- Microbiology Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Microbiology Laboratory Techniques: Tutoring Solution
- Microorganisms and the Environment: Tutoring Solution
- The Disease Process: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Viruses in Microbiology: Tutoring Solution
- DNA Viruses: Tutoring Solution
- RNA Viruses: Tutoring Solution
- Protozoan Diseases: Tutoring Solution
- Fungal Infections: Tutoring Solution
- Foodborne Illnesses & Bacterial Infections: Tutoring Solution
- Sexually Transmitted Bacterial Diseases: Tutoring Solution
- Bloodborne Bacterial Diseases: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Skin and Wound Infections: Tutoring Solution
- Immunology And the Body's Defenses Against Pathogens: Tutoring Solution
- Antimicrobial Drugs: Tutoring Solution
- Food and Industrial Microbiology: Tutoring Solution
- Sterilization and Antiseptic Techniques: Tutoring Solution