About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other microbiology work.
- Identify the bacterial skin and wound infections concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our college microbiology tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about bacterial skin and wound infections and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding various infections' causes, symptoms, progression and treatment or any other bacterial skin and wound infections topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their biology learning
- Prefer learning biology visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their bacterial skin and wound infections unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in microbiology
- Don't have access to their biology teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about bacterial skin and wound infections simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live microbiology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about bacterial skin and wound infections on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn the causes of staph infections.
- Explain how flesh eating bacteria are treated.
- Discuss the transmission of Anthrax.
- Become familiar with the history and treatment of leprosy.
- Describe the symptoms and treatment of tetanus.
- Discuss the signs and treatment of gangrene.
- Understand the diseases that can be caused by fluorescent bacteria.
1. What Is a Staph Infection? - Causes, Symptoms & Treatments
This lesson will discuss something known as a staph infection. We will delve into Staphylococcus aureus, MRSA, septic arthritis, toxic shock syndrome, and antibiotic resistance.
2. Flesh Eating Bacteria: Causes, Progression & Treatments
This lesson will discuss something commonly known as flesh eating bacteria. We'll cover some of the most common bacteria that are involved as well as terms such as fascia, necrosis, and necrotizing fasciitis.
3. Anthrax: Types, Transmission & Treatment
This lesson will dive into a very famous disease, called anthrax, that causes three main forms of disease: cutaneous, gastrointestinal, and pulmonary. We will also briefly discuss something known as an endospore.
4. What Is Leprosy? - History, Signs & Treatment
We will learn about a terrible and ancient condition known as leprosy. We'll discuss how it relates to Hansen's disease, Mycobacterium leprae, Mycobacterium lepromatosis, tuberculoid leprosy, and lepormatous leprosy.
5. Tetanus: Symptoms, Treatment & Prevention
In this lesson, we will discuss a well-known condition called tetanus. You will learn about the bacteria, toxins, and symptoms associated with this deadly disease.
6. Gangrene: Signs & Treatment
This lesson will discuss the three major types of gangrene. We will delve into gas gangrene, wet gangrene, and dry gangrene as well as the typical causes and signs associated with these different forms.
7. Pseudomonas Aeruginosa: The Fluorescent Bacteria
This lesson will teach you about Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a type of really cool bacteria that has lots of different colors and even a particular smell. We'll explore how this bacterial plays a role in nosocomial infections as well.
8. Clostridium Novyi: Symptoms & Treatment
Have you ever sat and thought about all of the microbes that live on the planet, in the water on the terrestrial landscape and can live on or in you? Microbes can cause disease and even death. In this lesson, you will learn about Clostridium novyi, bacteria that can cause tissue decay but also help to fix cancer.
9. Clostridium Tetani: Symptoms & Treatment
Clostridium tetani is a bacterium found in soils throughout the world. It is difficult to kill and produces the powerful neurotoxin that causes tetanus. In this lesson, learn about this dynamic and potentially dangerous bacterium.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Microbiology: Tutoring Solution course
- Biology Review for Microbiology: Tutoring Solution
- Microbiology Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Microbiology Laboratory Techniques: Tutoring Solution
- Microorganisms and the Environment: Tutoring Solution
- The Disease Process: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Viruses in Microbiology: Tutoring Solution
- DNA Viruses: Tutoring Solution
- RNA Viruses: Tutoring Solution
- Protozoan Diseases: Tutoring Solution
- Fungal Infections: Tutoring Solution
- Foodborne Illnesses & Bacterial Infections: Tutoring Solution
- Sexually Transmitted Bacterial Diseases: Tutoring Solution
- Bloodborne Bacterial Diseases: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Diseases of the Respiratory Tract: Tutoring Solution
- Immunology And the Body's Defenses Against Pathogens: Tutoring Solution
- Antimicrobial Drugs: Tutoring Solution
- Food and Industrial Microbiology: Tutoring Solution
- Sterilization and Antiseptic Techniques: Tutoring Solution