About This Chapter
Banking in India - Chapter Summary
This convenient online study resource is designed to help you better understand India's banking system. Inside the chapter, you'll find bite-sized lessons that explore the functions of banks and the Central Bank of India, as well as other commercial banks that currently exist in the country. After studying these lessons, you'll be equipped to:
- Understand several bank types and their functions
- Explain the role and function of the Central Bank of India
- Identify current commercial banks in India
After completing each lesson, try the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to solidify your understanding of Indian banking concepts. Our instructors are available to answer your questions, and you can take the included chapter exam to make sure you fully understand the topics you've studied. For your convenience, we've made the chapter available 24/7 and accessible on any desktop, laptop, mobile device and tablet.
1. Banking System: Definition & Types
Banks are a huge part of our lives. In this lesson, we will explore the banking system. We will learn about different types of banks as well as how they each function.
2. Central Bank of India: Function & Roles
The Central Bank of India plays a major role in India's banking system and economy. In this lesson, we'll highlight the bank's specific functions and roles in terms of currency, credit, inspections, promotions and more.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ICSE Commercial Studies: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Commercial Organization in India
- Functions of a Commercial Organization
- Communication in a Commercial Organization
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Home & International Trade
- Pollution & Business
- Waste Management in India
- Stakeholders in Commercial Organizations
- Business Marketing in India
- Human Resources in India
- Logistics & Insurance in Business
- ICSE Commercial Studies Flashcards