About This Chapter
Banking & Investment Policies & Procedures - Chapter Summary
Fun lessons in this chapter make it easy to get reacquainted with various banking and investment policies and procedures. Closely examine checking and savings accounts, investment risks and more. When finished with this chapter, you will be ready to:
- Define the banking system and list different types of banks
- Describe the advantages of a checking account
- List and discuss types of savings accounts
- Share the definition and uses of a bank loan
- Identify and describe types of interest rates and investments
- Differentiate between loans and investments
- Exhibit knowledge of different types of taxes on investments
- Provide the definition and list types of investment risks
This chapter enables you to customize your study of these banking and investment policies and procedures based on your current knowledge and personal schedule. Choose the lessons you want to view, study them anytime, and test your knowledge of their contents by taking accompanying quizzes. If you don't have access to your computer, don't worry! Our mobile features let you view all resources in this chapter using any smartphone or tablet with an Internet connection.
1. Banking System: Definition & Types
Banks are a huge part of our lives. In this lesson, we will explore the banking system. We will learn about different types of banks as well as how they each function.
2. What is a Checking Account? - Definition, Types & Advantages
Find out what a checking account is and the different types available. Learn what the advantages of checking accounts are and why they can be important to have.
3. What is a Savings Account? - Definition & Types
People use savings accounts to invest their money for short periods of time. They are the most simple, liquid types of short-term investments. Learn about some basic types of savings accounts and then test your knowledge with a quiz.
4. What Is a Bank Loan?
Bank loans are common types of funding for many people who want to buy big ticket items, such as cars or homes. Read on to find out more on what a bank loan is, what it is commonly used for, and the different types of loans banks offer.
5. Types of Interest Rates & Investments
Ever wonder how to make any sense out of all those investment options you constantly hear about? This lesson helps provide some understanding, as well as introduces the concept of the real interest rate.
6. Comparing Loans & Investments
Loans and investments can both be very useful tools used by businesses to grow. However, when looking at accounting paperwork, it can be easy to confuse them. In this lesson, we clarify that confusion and show how to use both.
7. Taxes on Investments: Types, Rates & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about the different types and rates of taxes on a number of investments including stocks, mutual funds, pensions, and 401Ks.
8. Investment Risks: Definition & Types
This lesson highlights the definition of investment risk and the differences between the various types of investment risks investors face in the marketplace.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Association of Legal Administrators CLM Exam: Study Guide course
- General Accounting Concepts
- Cost & Fixed Asset Accounting
- Organization Structures & Accounting
- Payroll Accounting
- Trust Accounting
- Financing & Leasing in Accounting
- Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Budgeting & Model Building
- Principles of Business Planning
- Business Development
- Overview of Project Management
- Legal Industry Ethics, Liabilities & Insurance
- Introduction to Technology for Law Firms
- Law Office Facilities Management
- Workplace Health Issues
- Employee Hiring & Promotion
- Employee Compensation & Benefits
- Employee Training & Motivation
- Employee Performance Appraisal & Management
- Styles of Leadership
- Organizational Development & Management
- Association of Legal Administrators CLM Exam Flashcards