About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other linear algebra work.
- Identify the basic algebra concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our Linear Algebra Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to review basic algebra and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding algebra vocabulary terms, how to simplify algebraic expressions or any other basic algebra topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their review of basic algebra unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in linear algebra
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make reviewing basic algebra simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live algebra tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Review basic algebra on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Study algebra vocabulary terms.
- Define the variable in algebra.
- Get practice simplifying algebraic expressions.
- Learn basic applications of linear algebra.
1. Algebra Vocabulary Terms
Watch this video lesson to learn about some basic vocabulary words that you will come across again and again in the course of your studies in algebra. After you finish this video, you should know and be able to identify each term.
2. What is a Variable in Algebra?
Did you ever encounter something like a + b = c and wonder how all these letters snuck into a math problem? In this lesson, we'll learn about variables, as well as other parts of equations, constants and coefficients.
3. Practice Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
In this lesson, we'll practice simplifying a variety of algebraic expressions. We'll use two key concepts, combining like terms and the distributive property, to help us simplify.
4. Free Variable vs. Bound Variable
After reading this lesson, you'll be able to identify what free variables and bound variables are. You'll learn the identifying mark for each, so can you know which one has a limitation.
5. How to Make a Cayley Table
In this lesson, we will define and give examples of Cayley Tables. We will also give a process for constructing a Cayley Table and work through an example.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Linear Algebra: Tutoring Solution course