About This Chapter
1. What is Probability in Math? - Definition & Overview
Remember throwing a quarter and calling out heads or tails? Learn what this has to do with probability. Also learn how you can use your newly-learned skills from this lesson to help you decide whether you should play heads or tails at all!
2. The Role of Probability Distributions, Random Numbers & the Computer in Simulations
Computer simulations are valuable tools used to model complex systems. In this lesson we discuss random numbers and probability distributions in relation to their role in computer simulations.
3. Fundamental Counting Principle: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about the fundamental counting principle, a method for determining how many ways choices can be made from groups. Several examples will be given.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NES Elementary Education Subtest 2 (103): Practice & Study Guide course
- Numeration, Number Sense, & Mathematical Operations
- Prime Numbers, Composite Numbers & Divisibility Rules
- The Least Common Multiple & Greatest Common Factor
- Place Values, Ordering Fractions & Decimals
- Rounding & Estimating Numbers
- Arithmetic & Estimation Using Decimals
- Mixed Numbers & Fractions
- Solving & Graphing Rational Numbers
- Rates, Ratios & Proportions
- Scientific Notation Math
- Strategies for Math Word Problems
- Tools for Representing Mathematical Concepts
- Calculating & Interpreting Statistical Data
- Algebraic Patterns, Equations & Functions
- Equalities & Inequalities
- Properties of Geometric Shapes
- Converting & Graphing Units of Measurement
- Area, Perimeter, Surface Area & Volume
- Life & Zoological Sciences
- Plants, Biomes & Genetics
- Taxonomy & Evolution
- Physical, Earth & Space Sciences
- Components of the Solar System & Universe
- Weather, Climate & Geologic Systems
- Scientific Method, Inquiry & Data Analysis
- Music, Drama, Theater & the Arts
- Health & Fitness in Children
- NES Elementary Education Subtest 2 Flashcards