About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering quadrilaterals material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about quadrilaterals. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding quadrilaterals
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about quadrilaterals
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Basic Geometry: Quadrilaterals chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Basic Geometry: Quadrilaterals chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any quadrilaterals question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a quadrilaterals unit of a standard basic geometry course. Topics covered include:
- Identifying parallelograms
- Classifying the rhombus
- The sides and angles of a kite
- How a rectangle is unique
- The properties of squares and trapezoids
1. Parallelograms: Definition, Properties, and Proof Theorems
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can identify parallelograms. You will see the unique properties that belong to the parallelogram. You will see the special side and angle characteristics needed to prove a certain shape is a parallelogram.
2. What Is a Rhombus? - Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn why rhombuses are a special type of quadrilateral. Also, learn why a rhombus is also a parallelogram. Watch as we explore the sides and angles of a rhombus.
3. Kites in Geometry: Definition and Properties
A kite in geometry looks a lot like a kite in the sky! Watch this video lesson to see for yourself. Also, learn about the side and angle properties of kites that make them unique.
4. Rectangles: Definition, Properties & Construction
Watch this video lesson to learn a bit about rectangles. Learn why rectangles are the building blocks of many homes. Also, learn about the properties that make a rectangle unique from other shapes. Finally, learn how you can draw one.
5. Squares: Definition and Properties
Squares can be found in many places in the real world. Watch this video lesson to see how useful they can be and also to learn how to find the perimeter and area of a square.
6. Trapezoids: Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn what a trapezoid has to do with a triangle. Also, learn the special words that describe the various parts of a trapezoid. You will also see special types of trapezoids.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic Geometry: Help & Review course
- Introduction to Basic Geometry
- Geometry Topics
- Basic Geometry: Lines & Angles
- Basic Geometry: Polygons
- Basic Geometry: Triangles
- Basic Geometry: Circles
- Basic Geometric Constructions
- Basic Geometry: Similar Figures
- Basic Geometry: Perimeter, Circumference & Area
- Basic Geometry: 3-Dimensional Figures
- Lines and Angles in Geometry
- Perimeter, Area & Volume
- Geometric Properties of Objects
- Geometric Graphing Basics
- Geometric Graphing Functions