About This Chapter
Basic Math Drills for Kids Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
In these short lessons, our instructors explain how to use basic math drills with your students to help them retain the information they've learned. These drills cover addition, fractions, multiplication, division and more. You'll also review lesson plans for one- and five-minute math drills. These teacher resources were developed by professional instructors who know how to help students be successful in the classroom. This chapter can help make lesson planning simpler and less stressful so you can use your planning time wisely.
How It Helps
- Educational standards: Ensures your lessons meet Common Core standards for math.
- Proven methods: Uses strategies that allow you to effectively use math drills to help your students master math subjects.
- Activities for learning: Makes learning fun for your students and makes it more likely they'll retain the information.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources to make planning math lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific math topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your math class outline using the suggested math drills offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the math drills with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
1. Roman Numeral Math Drills
Want to try some new math drills with your class? This lesson contains several math drills that help students learn about Roman numerals in an interesting, engaging way.
2. Division Math Drills
Math drills can help students improve their skills through practice, practice, and more practice. Try some of these math drill ideas to help students with division.
3. 5-Minute Multiplication Drills
Math is all about practice. Help students improve their multiplication speed and accuracy with some of these fun drills that can be completed in five minutes.
4. 5-Minute Math Drills
Math drills are great for filling in extra bits of time in the classroom. They provide great practice for students, increasing their speed and accuracy. Take a look at some of these ideas for math drills that fit well into a spare five minutes.
5. Subtraction Math Drills
Math drills help improve students' speed and accuracy. Try some of these subtraction math drills and fast-paced activities to help them improve their subtraction skills.
6. Fractions Math Drills
Practice makes perfect, especially in math. Take a look at some of these ideas for fractions math drills, and help students improve their accuracy and speed today.
7. Addition Math Drills
Math drills help students get both more accurate and faster at completing math problems. Take a look at these creative ideas for addition drill activities.
8. Multiplication Math Drills
Multiplication take some time to learn. Try some of these ideas for multiplication math drills to help students learn math facts, and get the amount of practice they need to increase the speed and accuracy.
9. One-Minute Math Drills
Sometimes you only have a minute. Try some of these quick, one minute math drills, to help your students improve their memory, math accuracy, and speed.
10. Adding & Subtracting Integers Games
A great way to get students to participate in revision style mathematics practice is to make it a game. This lesson offers engaging games to help your students to practice adding and subtracting integers.
11. Multiplying Integers Games
Learning to multiply integers is one of the important mathematical tasks of the upper elementary grades, and you can make it fun! This lesson offers some games you can use for teaching students more about multiplication of integers.
12. Integer Number Line Games
Identifying integers on a number line is an important skill for students to learn and can be applied to many different mathematical concepts. Use these games to help your class practice using an integer number line.
13. Integer Rules Games
Knowing how to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems with negative and positive number is an important skill for students to learn. Use these games to help students learn and practice integer rules.
14. Dividing Integers Games
Teaching students how to divide integers does not have to be dull. This lesson offers some games your students can play as they practice and gain facility with division of integers.
15. Comparing & Ordering Integers Games
Comparing and ordering integers is an important concept for students to master, as it affects their understanding of more complex mathematical skills. Use these games to help students compare and order integers.
16. Missing Addend Lesson Plan
The students will have the opportunity to practice their skills of finding the missing addend in addition problems. The students will play a multiple-choice game, and then they will work on problems individually.
17. Fraction Wall Lesson Plan
This lesson plan reviews the basic meaning of fractions and covers proper and improper fractions, mixed numbers, and equivalent fractions. The plan includes individual and group work with manipulatives and games.
18. Standard Form Lesson Plan
This lesson helps teachers explain standard form within a linear equation to students. Students watch a video about linear equations, practice converting equations from slope-intercept to standard form, and solve problems involving linear equations.
19. Powers of Ten Math Activities
Powers of ten can be fun for students. The activities offered in this asset are engaging and give your students fun, competitive and collaborative methods to practice working on the rules for powers of ten.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Math Games for Elementary School course
- Elementary Math Games & Activities
- Numbers Games & Activities for Kids
- Arithmetic Activities & Games
- 1st Grade Math Games & Exercises
- 2nd Grade Math Games & Activities
- 3rd Grade Math Games & Activities
- 4th Grade Math Games & Activities
- 5th Grade Math Games & Activities
- 6th Grade Math Games & Activities
- Elementary Math Problems & Drills
- Math Activities & Games with Food
- Holiday Math Activities