About This Chapter
Basic Statistical Applications - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed to improve your knowledge base of basic statistical applications. Review the definitions and examples of central tendency and standard score. See lessons that present you with material such as:
- Making sense of statistical variability
- Understanding central tendency
- Definition of correlation
- Correlation analysis and examples
Lessons are short, engaging text transcripts and videos. Videos average 5-10 minutes each in run time. Video lessons include a timeline feature that makes it easy to locate any specific section you want to replay by searching for keywords. Another feature allows you to submit questions directly to the instructor.
1. Understanding Statistical Variability
Summary statistics are great for providing an overview of your data, but sometimes you need to know more, like distribution. Understanding this variability will give you a clearer picture of all your data and how they relate to each other.
2. Central Tendency: Measures, Definition & Examples
Explore the measures of central tendency. Learn more about mean, median, and mode and how they are used in the field of psychology. At the end, test your knowledge with a short quiz.
3. Standard Score: Definition & Examples
Standard scores are an easy way to compare scores, making it possible to compare unusual things that are not in the same category. Several IQ tests use multiple tests that are combined into one IQ score.
4. Correlation: Definition, Analysis & Examples
Correlation describes the relationship between two sets of data. In this lesson, we'll delve into what correlation is and the different types of correlation that can be encountered.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Physical Education Subtest II (130): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the CSET Physical Education Test
- Personal Development
- Motivation Theory in Teaching Physical Education
- Social Development in a Physical Education Setting
- Factors Influencing Physical Activity Choices
- Fundamental & Rhythmic Movement
- Dance Concepts & Forms
- Aquatic Skills
- Individual, Dual & Team Sports & Games
- Nontraditional & Group Physical Activities
- Fitness Activities
- Physical Education Evaluation & Tests
- Physical Education Assessments & Goals
- CSET Physical Education Subtest 2 Flashcards