About This Chapter
Basics of Data Science for Marketing - Chapter Summary
Working with your employees on the basics of data science for marketing is easy when you have the help of our insightful corporate training chapter. The lessons cover trends in data science and the evolution of data science and marketing. Encourage your employees to study these lessons or the entire chapter at their convenience, either from home or work via computers or mobile devices.
How It Helps
- Provides knowledge: After reviewing this chapter, your teams should understand data science for marketing and the business applications of data science.
- Keeps everyone on the same page: Even if your employees work different schedules in several different locations, this mobile-friendly chapter can be accessed anywhere at any time.
- Engenders confidence: Ensure your marketing teams and others understand these data science concepts so they can confidently make decisions and fulfill their job responsibilities.
Use this helpful chapter to make sure your employees can:
- Identify technology's impact on marketing and marketers
- Discuss the evolution of data science and marketing
- Outline the benefits and challenges of data science for marketing
- Explain trends in data science
- Detail the business applications of data science
- Describe the effects of marketing strategy, analytics and decision-making on each other
1. Technology's Impact on Marketing and Marketers
How does technology impact marketing and marketers? In this lesson, you will gain a better understanding of technology, marketing and marketers and of how each one impacts the other.
2. The Evolution of Data Science & Marketing
In this lesson, we'll define data science and you'll learn how information technology, instant communication, and access to big data impacts marketing data science. We'll also discuss how the new possibilities of marketing data science using artificial intelligence and machine learning.
3. Data Science for Marketing: Benefits & Challenges
How can marketing departments use data science to help guide them? In this lesson, we'll look at what data science is, how it is used in marketing, and some of the benefits and limitations of using data science in marketing.
4. Trends in Data Science for Marketing
In this lesson, we'll define data science and discuss its integration with marketing. You'll learn about the trends and results associated with marketing data science.
5. Business Applications of Data Science in Marketing
In this lesson, we'll define marketing data science. You'll learn how marketing data science impacts consumer preferences, revenue opportunities and asset management.
6. Impact of Marketing Strategy, Decision-Making & Analytics on Each Other
In this lesson, we'll explore the integration of marketing, analytics and insights to establish a successful marketing plan. We'll also identify companies that have employed these strategies to increase sales, customer satisfaction and efficiency.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Data Science for Marketing course