About This Chapter
Basics of Decision Making in Management - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed to give your company's front-line managers an overview of decision-making fundamentals. Assign your managers these simple lessons to help them review:
- Examples of decision-making
- Important decision-making skills
- Certainty, risk and uncertainty in decision making
The chapter comes with plenty of self-assessments that help reinforce the concepts your managers study. If they have any questions about the material, they can easily reach out to our business experts online. The chapter's online format makes studying decision-making easy and convenient.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter helps front-line managers develop a high-level awareness of decision-making concepts and methods in the workplace.
- Compares various methods: Managers will be able to see the differences between several decision-making strategies and techniques.
- Boosts decision-making skills: Our short lessons can help your managers quickly improve their abilities to make important work decisions.
By the end of the chapter, your organization's front-line managers should be able to:
- Define the concept of decision making
- Compare types of decision-making methods
- Recognize the business skills that are needed for effective decision making
- Contextualize certainty, uncertainty and risk in terms of managerial decision making
1. Decision Making: Definition & Types
How do you make decisions? When we talk about deciding between choices we can break the processes into types. This lesson will fill you in on the different ways to make decisions and give you a few examples of each.
2. Business Skills for Effective Decision Making
In this lesson, we'll introduce and review several key business skills. These skills are necessary in order for individuals and organizations to develop effective decision making techniques.
3. Decision Making for Managers: Certainty, Risk & Uncertainty
Making decisions with the most amount of certainty is something managers learn to do over time. In this lesson, we will review how managers work with certainty and risk in order to make informed decisions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Decision Making for Front-Line Managers course