About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering digital marketing material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about basic digital marketing concepts. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the fundamentals of digital marketing
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about digital marketing
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Basics of Digital Marketing chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Basics of Digital Marketing chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any marketing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a digital marketing unit of a standard marketing course. Topics include:
- Digital footprints
- The pros and cons and examples of direct digital marketing
- Direct digital marketing strategies and technologies
- Marketing's Golden Triangle
- The purpose of web analytics
- Web banner design and examples
- Web presence optimization strategies
- How web traffic is monitored
- Methods for testing advertising copy
- Cost per action in advertising
- Operating systems history
- Digital branding strategies and solutions
- Strategies for post click conversion
- The purpose of PLR
1. What is a Digital Footprint? - Lesson for Kids
Did you know that everything you do online can be traced back to you? That's part of what's known as a digital footprint! In this lesson, we'll take a closer look at this type of footprint and what it means.
2. Digital Direct Marketing: Definition & Examples
If you want to reach today's savvy consumers, it's all in the palm of their hand. In this lesson, we'll discuss digital direct marketing and how it can be used to send targeted messages almost instantaneously.
3. Direct Digital Marketing: Advantages & Disadvantages
When you think '~'direct digital marketing,'~' do you think email? Mobile? Web? How about all three? In this lesson, we uncover some advantages and disadvantages of all three platforms as part of direct digital marketing.
4. Golden Triangle in Marketing
Ever wonder what the Golden Triangle in Marketing is? In this lesson, you'll get to explore the Golden Triangle and its vital components which enable marketing strategies to be successful.
5. What is Web Analytics? - Definition, Purpose & Strategy
Explore web analytics and it's definition. Learn about how and what data is collected, the purpose, and the strategies and goals that can come from online web data.
6. What is a Web Banner? - Definition, Design & Example
This lesson goes over the concept of a web banner used in digital marketing. You'll learn some of the aspects that should be kept in mind when designing one, and see a couple of examples of banner ads.
7. What is Web Traffic? - Definition & Monitoring
Want to know how many people are visiting your website? Take a closer look at web traffic. In this lesson, we'll define what that means, and consider some metrics you should be monitoring.
8. What is Cost Per Action? - Definition & Advertising
Why pay for clicks when you can pay for leads? In this lesson, you'll learn more about the cost per action method of advertising, how it works, why it's beneficial for advertisers and how it works for partners.
9. History of Operating Systems: Timeline & Evolution
Have you ever been amazed at the magic taking place inside your computer or smartphone? Your device's operating system does a lot behind the scenes to display images and text, play audio, print, and do so much more.
10. What is PLR? - Definition & Use
Looking for a way to build your arsenal of content? Consider delving into the world of private label rights (PLR). In this lesson, we'll take a closer look at what PLR is and how it can be used in a digital marketing strategy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Marketing Overview: Help & Review course
- Advertising Basics
- Basics of Content Strategy
- Basics of Mobile Advertising
- Basics of Rural Marketing
- Basics of Selling for Marketing
- Basics of Shopper Marketing
- Basics of Social Media Marketing
- Basics of Visual Marketing
- Basics of Yield Management
- Concepts in Marketing
- Intro to Affiliate Marketing
- Intro to B2G, B2B and C2B Marketing
- Intro to Green Marketing
- Intro to Inbound Marketing
- Intro to Marketing Strategies
- Intro to Relationship Marketing
- Overview of Email Marketing
- Overview of Online Advertising
- Types of Marketing Overview
- Basics of Marketing Research
- Interviewing & Surveying in Marketing Research
- Data Collection for Marketing Research
- Marketing Research Data Analysis
- Creating a Marketing Research Report
- Behavioral Economics & Heuristics