About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your basics of human resources homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your basics of human resources homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Hiring and staffing processes
- Employee orientation
- Organizational training needs
- Employee training programs
- Organizational training methods
- Human resource management laws and regulations
- Employee compensation
- Employee performance evaluations
- Evaluation systems
- Policies and practices for terminating employees
1. Human Resource Management: Hiring and Staffing
In this lesson, we will explore the role a manager plays in human resource management, including hiring and staffing. We will also look at the circumstances affecting employment decisions such as promotion, turnover, downsizing, job redesign and termination.
2. The Hiring Process: How Human Resource Managers Recruit and Hire Employees
When a company is hiring, they need to ensure that they hire the right employees. There are several different steps involved in the hiring process. This lesson explains these steps that include application forms, testing, interviewing, reference checks and health exams.
3. New Employee Orientation: Function & Characteristics
The function of new employee orientation introduces a new employee to the company, its policies, the coworkers and the job itself. Its characteristics include introducing the employee to the company's culture, roles and responsibilities, job description and other important things an employee will need to know.
4. Assessing Training Needs of an Organization
This lesson discusses the process of assessing the training needs of an organization, which begins with looking at what is presently being done there and comparing that to what needs to be done. New training plans can then be put into place, making it possible for managers to solve problems.
5. Types of Employee Training Programs
There are several types of employee training programs. Employees may receive basic literacy training, interpersonal skills training, technical training, problem-solving training and diversity or sensitivity training. Each type of training targets a different facet of an organization's overall culture and performance.
6. Methods for Training Employees: Mentoring, On-The-Job & Job Rotation
There are several different types of training methods used to acclimate an employee to a new job or even to a new position within his current organization. In this lesson, we'll discuss several different methods, including on-the-job training, job rotation and job mentoring.
7. Human Resource Management (HRM): Laws & Regulations
Learn about several laws, regulations, policies and governing entities that human resource management (HRM) must comply with, like the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), sexual harassment and affirmative action.
8. Terminating an Employee: Process & Best Practices
Learn about the several steps involved in the process of terminating an employee, as well as the best practices a manager can use to ensure a fair and legal separation of employment.
9. Performance Appraisal and 360 Feedback
Employee evaluations are a way managers can assess job performance and provide feedback to employees. An employee's performance is measured using various types of evaluation systems, including top-down appraisal, management by objectives (MBO), self-assessment and 360 degree feedback.
10. Understanding Employee Compensation
Compensation is pay for services during the course of employment. This can be direct (or monetary) compensation and indirect (or non-monetary) compensation in the form of benefits provided to the employee.
11. Structured Interview: Definition, Process & Example
Psychologists and researchers often use structured interviews in order to gain information in an efficient and streamlined manner. Learn more about structured interviews through examples in this lesson, and then test your knowledge with a quiz.
12. Unstructured Interview: Definition, Advantages, Disadvantages & Example
Have you ever been interviewed for a job? If so, you've probably participated in an unstructured interview. Learn more about unstructured interviews from examples and test your new knowledge with a quiz in this lesson.
13. Feedback Loop: Definition & Examples
The concept of a feedback loop is an important element of systems management theory. In this lesson, you will learn what a feedback loop is and how it fits into systems management theory.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Introduction to Business: Homework Help Resource course
- The Dynamic Business Environment: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Social Responsibility and Ethical Behavior in Business
- Economics and Business: Homework Help
- Business in Global Markets: Homework Help
- Forms of Business Ownership: Homework Help
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Homework Help
- Managing and Leading in Business: Homework Help
- Leadership Styles in Business: Homework Help
- Organizational Management: Homework Help
- Business Production and Operations: Homework Help
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Homework Help
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Homework Help
- Business Marketing Basics: Homework Help
- Product Development and Retailing: Homework Help
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Homework Help
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Homework Help
- Product Promotion: Homework Help
- MIS Basics: Homework Help
- Implications of Information Technology: Homework Help
- Risk Management: Homework Help
- Accounting Basics: Homework Help
- Financial Management: Homework Help
- Securities Markets: Homework Help
- Money and Financial Institutions: Homework Help