About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering social media marketing concepts will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about social media marketing techniques, strategies and best practices. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the basic social media marketing concepts
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about social media marketing
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Basics of Social Media marketing chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Basics of Social Media Marketing chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any marketing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a social media marketing unit of a standard marketing course. Topics include:
- The life and career of Karen Civil
- Techniques for social media optimization
- Strategies for social media video marketing
- Definition common strategies and factors of social push and pull
- Corporate blog designs and strategy
- Best practices for corporate blogging
1. Who is Karen Civil? - Biography & Career
Karen Civil turned her childhood passion into her dream career. In this lesson, we'll take a closer look at how Karen got her start, some of the areas she's impacted, and how she's bridged music and social/digital media.
2. Social Media Optimization: Definition & Techniques
Learn about social media optimization and why it is important for every business. After learning the definition, we cover techniques and tips for social media optimization in every business.
3. Social Push & Pull: Definition & Examples
If you want a good balance on your brand's social media account, consider push and pull marketing strategies. In this lesson, we'll explore the two, note their differences, and look at a few examples of each.
4. What is a Corporate Blog? - Strategy, Design & Example
To blog or not to blog? That's the question many businesses debate. In this lesson, we'll discuss the ins and outs of a corporate blog and take a look at some tips for designing an effective one.
5. Corporate Blog: Tips & Best Practices
Do you want to learn more about running a corporate blog? Use this lesson to familiarize yourself with best practices for writing a corporate blog and get some tips for its long-term care.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Marketing Overview: Help & Review course
- Advertising Basics
- Basics of Content Strategy
- Basics of Digital Marketing
- Basics of Mobile Advertising
- Basics of Rural Marketing
- Basics of Selling for Marketing
- Basics of Shopper Marketing
- Basics of Visual Marketing
- Basics of Yield Management
- Concepts in Marketing
- Intro to Affiliate Marketing
- Intro to B2G, B2B and C2B Marketing
- Intro to Green Marketing
- Intro to Inbound Marketing
- Intro to Marketing Strategies
- Intro to Relationship Marketing
- Overview of Email Marketing
- Overview of Online Advertising
- Types of Marketing Overview
- Basics of Marketing Research
- Interviewing & Surveying in Marketing Research
- Data Collection for Marketing Research
- Marketing Research Data Analysis
- Creating a Marketing Research Report
- Behavioral Economics & Heuristics