About This Chapter
Basic Human Development - Chapter Summary
This chapter fleshes out the processes and principles of basic human development. You'll follow the growth that occurs throughout the human lifespan while learning to label the different stages attached to it. By the end of the chapter you'll have reviewed each of the following subjects:
- Germinal, embryonic and fetal periods of prenatal development
- Foundational principles of human growth
- Stages of human development from infancy to late adulthood
The practice quizzes accompanying each lesson give you the ability to test your understanding of each topic as you go along. At the end of the chapter, you can evaluate yourself on a more complete level by means of a practice final exam. And, if at any point you feel lost with the material, our professional instructors are available for your questions through the teacher or help tab.
1. Prenatal Stages and Development: Germinal, Embryonic & Fetal Period
In the 9 months before a baby is born, there is an enormous amount of prenatal development. In this lesson, you will explore the following stages of prenatal development: the germinal period, the embryonic period, and the fetal period.
2. Principles of Growth and Development
Is there a pattern to how human growth and development takes place? This lesson will examine some universal principles of growth and development in order to help you find the answer to this question.
3. Human Development Stages From Infancy to Late Adulthood
Human development is a process that continues throughout our lives. This lesson will take a look at the progression of human development from infancy to late adulthood with all the stages in between.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Health Science 6-12 (273): Practice & Study Guide course
- Historic Trends & Societal Impact of Healthcare
- Math Applications in Health Care Science
- Applying Academic Skills in Health Science
- Medical Abbreviations, Acronyms & Symbols
- Forming Medical Terms
- Researching & Communicating Medical Terminology
- Basic Anatomy & Physiology of the Human Body
- Intro to Systems of Anatomy & Physiology
- Reemerging Health Technologies
- Microorganisms & Human Health
- Microbiology Laboratory Techniques
- Overview of Diseases & Pathogens
- Pathogenesis, Disease Prevention & Control
- Healthcare & the Aging Process
- Nutritional Information & Needs
- Issues & Disorders Related to Nutrition
- Therapeutic Concepts of Nutrition
- Pharmacology Concepts
- Mental Health Concepts
- Preventative Health Behaviors
- Skills & Role of a Health Care Worker
- Safety & Precautions for Health Care Workers
- Communication in Health Care
- Teamwork in the Workplace
- Career Planning in the Health Care Field
- Ethical Responsibilities of Health Care Workers
- TExES Health Science 6-12 Flashcards