About This Chapter
Bee Lesson Plans & Resources - Chapter Summary
Help your students find out more about bees using these handy lesson plan outlines and accompanying lessons. These handy materials can help you design your syllabus, manage your class time and much more. You'll find kid-friendly lessons on the bees' life cycle, insect pollination and general importance. The tools in this chapter can help you develop:
- Lessons on the life cycle of a bee
- Kid-sized lessons on the types and importance of bees
- Homework and classwork on the process of pollination with diagrams and adaptations
How It Helps
- Learning objectives: Helps you enable your students to meet the desired learning objectives from the lessons on bees.
- Meets curriculum standards: Allows you to be sure that your lessons on bees are in accordance with established science standards.
- Offers classwork/homework ideas : Provides suggestions for assignments on bees that your students can work on at home or during class.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning lessons about bees easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific topics about bees that you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your class outline on bees using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related bee-related lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important concepts from the lessons on bees.
- Engage your students with relevant bee-related discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Bees Lesson Plan
This lesson plan is a tool for helping students learn about bees. Students will read a lesson and answer questions that will enable them to differentiate types of bees and describe the importance of bees.
2. Bees: Facts, Importance & Types
Although bees are often feared by humans, they are essential for our ecosystem and our food supply. We will learn some interesting facts about bees, why they are important and explore the different types of bees.
3. Bee Life Cycle Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to teach your students about the life cycle of a bee. A video lesson explains the stages as students complete active learning experiences to make learning stick. Test understanding with a quiz.
4. Life Cycle of a Bee: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever tasted honey? Honey is made by bees. Hard to believe those tiny buzzing insects can make something so delicious. Let's explore the life cycle of bees and see how much work goes into making honey.
5. Insect Pollination Lesson Plan
Bees and other insects are incredibly important in the pollination process. Use this lesson to help students learn about insect pollination. Students will create diagrams and design adaptation 'best friend' charms for pairs of flowers and insects.
6. Insect Pollination: Process, Diagram & Adaptations
You probably don't appreciate insects all that much. Let's face it, they are kind of irritating. This lesson will change how you look at insects though, and will shed light on their value as pollinators.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Animal Taxonomy & Characteristics Lesson Plans course