About This Chapter
Behavioral, Social & Emotional Disorders - Chapter Summary
If you need help understanding different behavioral, social and emotional disorders, you've found a great resource! This chapter offers a comprehensive overview of these disorders as they relate to learning disabilities. Explore our fun lessons to boost your knowledge. In no time, you will be ready to:
- List types and characteristics of emotional disorders linked to learning disabilities
- Exhibit knowledge of characteristics and etiologies of social disorders as they relate to learning disabilities
- Explain the implications of different behavioral disorders on development and learning
- Discuss psychological disorders like attention deficit and disruptive behavior disorders often diagnosed in childhood
Make the studying process simple by analyzing each of the lessons whenever and wherever it's convenient to do so. If you want to check your comprehension of the lessons you review, feel free to take their accompanying multiple-choice quizzes. Our practice exam offers a complete review of the behavioral, social and emotional disorders covered in this chapter. Use the Dashboard to keep track of your progress and submit lesson topic questions to our experts.
1. Emotional Disorders Associated with Learning Disabilities
Though learning disabilities are often thought of in terms of their cognitive implications, they also affect students' emotional lives. This lesson discusses emotional disorders associated with learning disabilities.
2. Behavioral Disorders Associated with Learning Disabilities
If you work with students who have learning disabilities, there is benefit in understanding the relationship between their learning issues and their behaviors. This lesson discusses common behavioral disorders associated with learning disabilities.
3. Attention Deficit and Disruptive Behavior Disorders
Kids tend to throw temper tantrums and act hyper. But what happens when a kid goes beyond what's considered normal? In this lesson, we'll look at some psychological disorders often diagnosed in childhood: attentional and behavioral disorders.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Learning Disabilities (063): Practice & Study Guide course
- Learning Disabilities & Other Types of Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities Across the Lifespan
- Factors Affecting Development & Learning
- Language Disorders
- Perceptual, Memory & Reasoning Disorders
- Assessment Instruments & Methods in Special Education
- Assessment Procedures in Special Education
- Assessment Interpretation & Communication in Special Education
- IEPs, IFSPs & Transition Plans
- Setting & Monitoring Student Goals
- Learning Environments in Special Education
- Fundamentals of Classroom Management
- Individualizing Instruction for Learning Disabilities
- Promoting Language Development
- Promoting Emergent Literacy
- Promoting Reading Skills for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Promoting Written Expression for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Promoting Math Skills for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Promoting Social Competence in Special Education
- Promoting Functional Living Skills in Special Education
- Developing & Implementing Behavioral Interventions
- Roles & Responsibilities of the Special Education Professional
- Communication & Collaboration in Special Education
- Historical, Social & Legal Issues in Special Education
- Professional Development in Special Education
- MTTC Learning Disabilities Flashcards