About This Chapter
Bell Ringer & Exit Slip Resources - Chapter Summary
Assessing student comprehension doesn't have to complicated with the helpful, easy-to-follow resources we've provided in this bell ringer and exit slip chapter. You'll learn what a bell ringer activity is, and get ideas for bell ringers for middle and high school grammar, math, social studies, science and more. Other lessons show you how to apply the exit ticket strategy in a variety of subjects.
We can help you streamline your planning and focus your activities wisely. Working around your busy teaching schedule is easy with these lessons and quizzes, which are accessible on your mobile device or computer 24 hours a day.
How It Helps
- Focused assessment: Tailor your bell ringer and exit slip activities to your students using one of the lessons specifically designed for your students' age group or the subject you teach
- Proven strategy: Choose your activities and assessments with confidence once you understand the strategies in place to help you reach your desired outcomes
- Curriculum standards: Take the worry out of whether or not your students will meet curriculum standards by assessing them with these easy bell ringer and exit slip ideas
- Information retention: Help your students engage with the material and be more likely to retain the information by using these activities in your classroom
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning bell ringer and exit slip activities easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific bell ringer and exit slip activities you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your bell ringer and exit slip activities using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related bell ringer and exit slip activities lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important bell ringer and exit slip activities concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with bell ringer and exit slip activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. What Is A Bell Ringer Activity?
Bell ringer activities can be a good assessment tool. In this lesson, we'll define bell ringer activity, explore subject specific examples, and examine how these activities can improve student learning outcomes.
2. 3-2-1 Exit Slip Strategy
Exit slips give teachers an idea of their students' understanding of the day's lesson. Learn about the 3-2-1 exit slip strategy, which poses benefits for the student and teacher, and use an example to learn how to apply exit slip data to future lessons.
3. Exit Ticket Teaching Strategy
If you struggle to keep your students focused at the end of your class, this lesson is for you! Read on to learn about the ins and outs of exits tickets, and see how they can keep your students engaged until the bell while reinforcing educational content.
4. Bell Ringer Activities for Middle School
Bell ringer activities can be a great way to get students focused at the beginning of class. This lesson provides teachers with bell ringer activities intended for a variety of middle school subjects.
5. Bell Ringer Activities for Elementary School
Have you ever struggled to figure out what your students should do while you greet arrivals, take attendance, and get the day off to a good start? This lesson provides some bell ringer activities well-suited to elementary-aged children.
6. Bell Ringer Activities for Computer Classes
Students are often excited to come into computer class, but they might need some help getting into the right frame of mind. These bell ringer activities will help with transitions and management.
7. Bell Ringers for Middle School Grammar
Are you looking for fun and engaging bell ringers? This lesson will provide you with fun and engaging ideas for grammar bell ringers in a middle school setting.
8. Bell Ringers for Middle School Social Studies
Bell ringers can make a huge difference in terms of setting the stage for a successful class period. This lesson provides bell ringers you can use in a middle school social studies class.
9. Bell Ringers for Middle School Science
Bell ringers in science classes can be a great opportunity for students to engage in quick 'power practice' sessions with critical skills. These skills can range from vocabulary practice all the way to basic inquiry skills.
10. Bell Ringers for Middle School Language Arts
Looking for interesting and engaging ways to begin your daily class or lesson? This lesson includes a variety of bell ringer ideas specially centered around a Language Arts classroom.
11. Bell Ringers For Middle School Reading
The bell has rung, but class isn't quite ready to start. How do you keep children occupied until you are are ready to begin the lesson? The answer is short activities called bell ringers.
12. Grammar Bell Ringers For High School
Are you thinking about using bell ringers in your high school grammar course? This lesson will provide you with engaging and academically challenging activities to use!
13. Bell Ringers for Middle School Math
Bell ringers are an excellent way to get your students focused and ready for learning! Implementing these bell ringers will have your middle school students engaged, learning, and on task the second they enter your classroom.
14. Math Bell Ringers High School
Bell ringers get your students engaged in learning the moment they enter your classroom! Bell ringers are quick, 5-10 minute activities for your students to work on while your prep for the class period ahead.
15. Earth Science Bell Ringers
Earth science is a broad discipline of science, that has all sorts of real world applications students can relate to. As a result, you can create bell ringers that allow students to practice scientific reasoning and use real world data.
16. Bell Ringers for High School Social Studies
Having a good bell ringer can really help you get your class off on the right foot. The bell ringers in this lesson are designed for use in a high school social studies class.
17. Journalism Bell Ringers
As a journalism teacher, you want to help your students learn to make the most of their time. The bell ringers in this lesson will help you with classroom management while also keeping your students focused on the big ideas you want to teach.
18. Physical Science Bell Ringers
If you're looking for bell ringer ideas for physical science that go beyond the simple question-and-answer format, you've come to the right place! This lesson contains several ideas that will make the beginning of class more meaningful and engaging.
19. Health Science Technology Bell Ringers
As a teacher of the health sciences, it is important for you to get each class started on the right foot. This lesson offers a series of bell ringer activities that appeal to a variety of learning styles and focus on transitioning students into health science class.
20. US History Bell Ringers
As a teacher of U.S. history, you want to make your students' time valuable and meaningful. The bell ringers in this lesson will help you orient even your transitional times toward focusing your students on history.
21. Vocabulary Bell Ringer Ideas
If you are looking for ways to help your students transition into class, bell ringer activities can be the way to go. The activities in this lesson focus specifically on vocabulary.
22. Geography Bell Ringers
As a geography teacher, you might be looking for activities that help ease transitional times in your classroom. This lesson offers bell ringer activities you can use with your students.
23. AP World History Bell Ringers
Teachers who instruct secondary students in AP World History can use bell ringers to reinforce a multitude of topics in World History, and also as preparation for the AP examination. Here are a few examples that show you how.
24. Texas History Bell Ringers
As your students learn about Texas history, a helpful tool can be bell ringers. These bell ringers will help your students learn about the Spanish missionaries, the Texas Revolution, natural disasters, and more.
25. Bell Ringers for High School Business
As a high school business teacher, you undoubtedly want to make the most of the time you have with your students. This lesson offers some bell ringer activities that will help you create smooth transitions into your business class.
26. Middle School Health Bell Ringers
Bell ringers are a great way to make sure that your students are engaged in learning the entire time they're in class. They can also be a dependable way to assess student's prior knowledge. Use these bell ringers for your middle school health class.
27. Bell Ringers for High School Health
As a high school health teacher, you might be in need of suggestions for how best to transition your students into class. This lesson offers bell ringers that will help get students motivated to learn.
28. Figurative Language Bell Ringers
Covering figurative language in your language arts classroom? If so, then read this lesson to discover examples of bell ringers that will jump start your students' creative juices.
29. Geometry Bell Ringers
As a teacher, you know how important it is to start each class off on the right foot. This lesson offers bell ringer activities that will help students transition into geometry class.
30. Sociology Bell Ringers
If you have the opportunity to teach sociology, you probably want some quick activities that get students ready to focus on your material. This lesson offers some bell ringers that will help your students transition into sociology class.
31. Bell Ringers for High School Spanish
As a high school Spanish teacher, you want to keep your students engaged and excited about your class. This lesson offers bell ringers that focus on helping students transition into Spanish class and making the most of your time together.
32. World Geography Bell Ringers
Having a good bell ringer can make a big difference in how transitions go in your class. This lesson offers a series of bell ringers you can use in your world geography class.
33. Bell Ringers for High School World History
Are you looking for ways to help students transition into your world history class? This lesson offers bell ringer activities that will put students in the right frame of mind to maximize their learning.
34. AP Biology Bell Ringers
As an AP biology teacher, you have a lot of material to cover and you need to make the most of your instructional time. This lesson offers bell ringers that will help your students get right into the mindset for AP biology.
35. Environmental Science Bell Ringers
Environmental science is a broad and relevant topic for students to study in class. It lends itself well to creating all kinds of bell ringers, from data interpretation to shorthands on practice activities.
36. Bell Ringers for Driver's Education
Are you a driver's education teacher looking for academically engaging and fun bell ringers to use in your class? This lesson will provide you with many examples of bell ringers that are fun and challenging.
37. Algebra Bell Ringers
As an algebra teacher, it is important for you to start each class off on the right foot. This lesson offers a series of bell ringer activities that will help you transition students into your class and make the most of the time you have together.
38. French Bell Ringers
If you are a French teacher, you might be looking for ways to help your students recall what you worked on during the last class and get them ready for today's lesson. Read on to find some bell ringers you can use to help students transition into French class.
39. Exit Ticket Ideas For Social Studies
If you are looking for ways to quickly assess your students' understanding at the end of a social studies lesson, exit tickets can be the way to go! This lesson gives you some ideas you can use right away in your classroom.
40. Exit Ticket Ideas For Science
Exit tickets are a great way for students to immediately apply the concepts they just learned. You can design exit tickets that engage students in higher order thinking and assist students with retention, while also helping you identify misconceptions.
41. Exit Tickets for Music Class
Exit tickets can be a wonderful way to bring closure to your class and assess what students have learned. This lesson provides some ideas for exit tickets you can use in a music class.
42. Exit Tickets for Reading Comprehension
There are many ways to assess student learning in the classroom. Read this lesson to discover strategies for using exit tickets for quick assessment of reading comprehension.
43. Exit Tickets for Physical Education
Are you looking for a way to assess the knowledge behind physical education activites? Check out the various ways that exit ticket can be used in physical education so that you can informally assess student's understanding of key concepts.
44. Math Exit Ticket Rubric
If you use exit tickets in your math class, you might want some guidance in terms of how best to assess them. This lesson offers examples of rubrics you can use for evaluating math exit tickets.
45. Algebra Exit Tickets
Using exit tickets in your algebra class is a great way to check for understanding after a lesson. This lesson will get you started by providing some ideas for exit tickets that are specifically geared towards core Algebra concepts.
46. Place Value Exit Ticket
This lesson contains ideas for exit tickets that can be used in a unit about place value. These place value exit tickets will ask your students to apply their knowledge to whole numbers and decimals.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Lesson Planning Ideas for Teachers course
- Integrated Curriculum Resources
- Peer Tutoring Resources
- Lesson Plan Templates & Examples
- Education Models in Lesson Planning
- Early Childhood Lesson Plan Templates & Examples
- Common Core Lesson Plan Templates & Resources
- Movie Lesson Plans & Classroom Resources
- Project Rubrics
- Back to School Activities
- Field Trip Resources
- School Assembly & Event Ideas