About This Chapter
Benefits of Emotional Intelligence for Organizations - Chapter Summary
A workplace is often associated with straightforward business interactions and little emotion. The lessons in this chapter examine how emotional intelligence is used in the workplace to improve employee interactions and performance, as well as how it benefits organizations overall. Your employees can learn:
- Ways to improve emotional intelligence in the workplace
- How to use emotional intelligence in leadership
- Benefits of using emotional intelligence in a team setting
- The reasons emotional intelligence can help businesses succeed
You can use the lessons in corporate training sessions or have your employees study them independently on their computers or mobile devices. Lessons feature assessment quizzes that allow you to gauge their comprehension of the materials.
How It Helps
- Enhances workplace relationships: The lessons focus on ways employees can improve emotional intelligence at work, which can help all individuals better communicate and strengthen their relationships.
- Improves collaborations: This chapter offers ways emotional intelligence can be applied to team settings to help individuals collaborate more effectively.
- Strengthens business: Lessons explore how your company can encourage emotional intelligence in the workplace to reduce turnover and strengthen business.
Completing this chapter will help employees:
- Describe strategies for developing and improving emotional intelligence on the job
- Explain how emotional intelligence is used in leadership
- Identify the benefits of team emotional intelligence
- Discuss how to use emotional resources, emotional effectiveness and emotional language
- Outline ways that emotional intelligence can affect an organization's bottom line, employee retention and overall job satisfaction
1. How to Improve Emotional Intelligence at Work
In this lesson, we will explore emotional intelligence. We will discuss what emotional intelligence is and how it can be developed and improved individually and within the workplace.
2. Practical Application: List of Questions for Assessing Emotional Intelligence
These questions will help you assess your emotional intelligence and the emotional intelligence of potential employees. You'll find questions on self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, and relationship management.
3. Using Emotional Intelligence in Leadership
Many times managers or leaders focus on the functional aspects of the job you do, as opposed to the emotional intelligence that drives the way you do your job. In this lesson, we discuss emotional intelligence and how it relates to leadership.
4. Benefits of Team Emotional Intelligence
Teams - they are everywhere. You have them at work, at home, at school, and at play. In this lesson, you are going to learn about a vital component of teams; it is called emotional intelligence.
5. How Emotional Intelligence Helps Businesses Succeed
Emotional intelligence helps businesses succeed by increasing interpersonal skills among the staff. In return, this creates a more positive culture, keeps talented and productive employees, and forms better relationships with clients.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.