About This Chapter
Big Data Analytics & Application - Chapter Summary
Have your employees review this corporate training chapter to strengthen their knowledge of big data analytics and their applications. Short lessons cover topics including using big data analytics to drive business decisions and using data analytics in marketing. Along with these lessons, we've also included assessment quizzes so you can gauge your employees' comprehension level.
How It Helps
- Makes training simple: Access big data analytics lessons and other resources you can use to lead a workshop, train new employees or refresh employees' existing knowledge.
- Offers knowledge: After completing this chapter, your employees will have greater understanding of the concepts of big data and what it's used for.
- Provides examples: The case studies included here help your teams see not only how big data analytics work conceptually, but also in a real-world situation.
Use this chapter to ensure your employees can:
- Define big data and share its concepts and uses
- Outline the advantages and challenges of big data
- Provide a definition and examples of big data analytics
- Detail the tools and techniques used in big data analytics
- Understand how to use big data analytics to drive business decisions
- Explain the uses and new applications for predictive analytics
- Discuss the collection of web and digital analytics
- Describe how digital analytics are used in marketing
- Identify the applications for big data in retail
- Outline big data AWS case studies
1. What is Big Data? - Definition, Concepts & Uses
The concept of big data does is boundless and is used on a global scale. In this lesson, we'll define big data and discuss its factors and uses around the world.
2. Big Data: Advantages & Challenges
Big Data is a rapidly growing computing, ripe with many opportunities. In this lesson, we'll look at where we get this big data from, and the many advantages and challenges that comes with big data.
3. What is Big Data Analytics? - Definition & Examples
Companies often have an abundance of data to comb through. It can be difficult to know how to interpret all of that data. One method that has helped make that task more manageable is using big data analytics. Let us take a look now!
4. Big Data Analytics: Tools & Techniques
Information sets are huge these days. And yet, we still want the ability to process them. In this lesson, we'll take a look at Big Data, Analytics, and some tools and techniques used to put them together.
5. Using Big Data Analytics to Drive Business Decisions
This lesson will define the meaning of big data analytics and will also discuss how this information is used to drive business decisions by allowing organizations to remain ahead of the competition.
6. Predictive Analytics: Definition, Uses, & New Applications
Predictive analytics takes historical data and turns it into actionable information about what might happen. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this tool and how it is used in business and marketing.
7. Web & Digital Analytics: Collection & Examples
In this lesson, we will define web and digital analytics, see what kind of information we can get from them, and identify ways marketing teams can collect the data. Afterwards, test your new knowledge with the quiz questions.
8. Using Digital Analytics in Marketing
In this lesson, we'll illustrate how different types of digital analytics can be used to fit the overall marketing strategy that supports an organization's goals. After the lesson, try your hand at the quiz questions.
9. Big Data Applications in Retail
For companies looking to maximize their sales, big data can offer the opportunity to gain valuable insights into not only consumer buying habits, but also make sure that the product supply chain is functioning at its highest levels.
10. Big Data AWS Case Studies
Cloud computing using services like AWS put a massive amount of processing power in the hands of businesses that would not otherwise be able to acquire it. Here are three case studies in which big data made a difference in business performance.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Data Science for Marketing course