About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify lessons in the Big Ideas Math textbook's Angles & Triangles chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the angle and triangle topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the math topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- Perpendicular, parallel and transverse lines
- Triangles' exterior and interior angles
- Measuring angles
- The sum of a polygon's interior angles
- Methods for identifying similar triangles
Big Ideas Math is a registered trademark of Larson Texts, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Parallel, Perpendicular and Transverse Lines
What are the different types of lines? Where are they visible in the real world and how can you recognize them? Find out here and test your knowledge with a quiz.
2. Interior and Exterior Angles of Triangles: Definition & Examples
Knowing just a few things about the interior or exterior angles of triangles is sometimes all you need to put all the pieces together. Find out more in this lesson.
3. Measuring the Angles of Triangles: 180 Degrees
Watch this video lesson to see why a triangle's angles always add up to 180 degrees. Also, learn how you can use this unique fact about triangles to find an unknown angle in a triangle.
4. How to Measure the Angles of a Polygon & Find the Sum
Watch this video lesson to learn the one formula that lets you find the measure of angles in any regular polygon. Also, learn how you can tell if you are working with a regular polygon or not.
5. Applications of Similar Triangles
Similar triangles are used to solve problems in everyday situations. Learn how to solve with similar triangles here, and then test your understanding with a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Big Ideas Math Common Core 8th Grade: Online Textbook Help course
- Big Ideas Math 8th Grade Chapter 1: Equations
- Big Ideas Math 8th Grade Chapter 2: Transformations
- Big Ideas Math 8th Grade Chapter 4: Graphing & Writing Linear Equations
- Big Ideas Math 8th Grade Chapter 5: Systems of Linear Equations
- Big Ideas Math 8th Grade Chapter 6: Functions
- Big Ideas Math 8th Grade Chapter 7: Real Numbers & the Pythagorean Theorem
- Big Ideas Math 8th Grade Chapter 8: Volume & Similar Solids
- Big Ideas Math 8th Grade Chapter 9: Data Analysis & Displays
- Big Ideas Math 8th Grade Chapter 10: Exponents & Scientific Notation