About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify the lessons in Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum's Integers chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the integer topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Different types of numbers
- Determining absolute value
- Basic operations with signed numbers
Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum is a registered trademark of Larson Texts, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Learn all of the different types of numbers: natural numbers, whole numbers, integers, rational numbers, irrational numbers, and real numbers. This video lesson teaches you how to classify any numbers you come across.
2. What is an Absolute Value?
When we're talking and comparing numbers, we often don't care whether its positive or negative, just how big it is. This is often called the magnitude of a number and we find it by taking the absolute value. Learn all about it here!
3. Arithmetic Calculations with Signed Numbers
Signed numbers are often referred to as integers. Integers include both positive and negative numbers. In this lesson, you will learn how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide integers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade: Online Textbook Help course
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 2: Rational Numbers
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 3: Expressions and Equations
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 4: Inequalities
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 5: Ratios and Proportions
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 6: Percents
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 7: Construction and Scale Drawings
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 8: Circles
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 9: Surface Area & Volume
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 10: Probability & Statistics