About This Chapter
How it works:
- Find the lesson within this chapter that corresponds to what you're studying in the Rational Numbers chapter of your textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the mathematical concepts you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quiz after watching each video lesson to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material, or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the history topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- Rational numbers on a number line
- Basic operations with fractions and mixed numbers
- Practice with fraction and mixed number arithmetic
- Basic operations with decimals
- Decimal word problems
Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum is a registered trademark of Larson Texts, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Graphing Rational Numbers on a Number Line
Number lines have many uses both in mathematics and everyday life. This lesson will teach you how to graph numbers on a number line and give real-world examples of how to use number lines.
2. How to Add and Subtract Like Fractions and Mixed Numbers
When adding and subtracting fractions, you must be sure to have a common denominator. Once you have a common denominator, you just add or subtract your numerators and then your whole numbers. Learn how in this lesson.
3. How to Add and Subtract Unlike Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Simple fraction arithmetic gets a little more complicated when our denominators don't match. In this lesson, we'll learn how to add and subtract unlike fractions. Then, we'll do the same with mixed numbers.
4. Adding and Subtracting Decimals: Examples & Word Problems
In math, we sometimes have to deal with decimal numbers instead of our nice whole numbers. Watch this video lesson to learn the one thing that you have to take into consideration when adding and subtracting decimals.
5. Multiplying Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Multiplying fractions is much more straightforward than adding, subtracting or dividing fractions. In this lesson, learn how it works. We'll also learn how to multiply mixed numbers.
6. Dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Dividing fractions and mixed numbers? It sounds daunting, but it's not as tricky as it sounds. In this lesson, we'll learn how to divide fractions and mixed numbers.
7. Practice with Fraction and Mixed Number Arithmetic
Adding whole numbers is one thing. But adding fractions and mixed numbers? That's not so simple. Or is it? In this lesson, we'll practice arithmetic with both fractions and mixed numbers.
8. Multiplying and Dividing Decimals: Examples & Word Problems
Watch this video lesson to learn what you need to do to get a correct answer when multiplying and dividing decimals. Learn the easy tricks to figuring out where the decimal point goes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade: Online Textbook Help course
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 1: Integers
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 3: Expressions and Equations
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 4: Inequalities
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 5: Ratios and Proportions
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 6: Percents
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 7: Construction and Scale Drawings
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 8: Circles
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 9: Surface Area & Volume
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 10: Probability & Statistics