About This Chapter
How it works:
- Find the lesson within this chapter that corresponds to what you're studying in the Rational Numbers chapter of your textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the mathematical concepts you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quiz after watching each video lesson to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material, or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the history topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- Rational numbers on a number line
- Basic operations with fractions and mixed numbers
- Practice with fraction and mixed number arithmetic
- Basic operations with decimals
- Decimal word problems
Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum is a registered trademark of Larson Texts, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Graphing Rational Numbers on a Number Line
Graphing rational numbers on a number line is a method of representing a set of numbers by placing a dot at the correct values on a number line. Learn how to draw a number line and graph rational numbers.
2. How to Add and Subtract Like Fractions and Mixed Numbers
After determining a common denominator in a problem with mixed numbers and fractions, adding and subtracting fractions and mixed numbers requires two more steps. Learn how to add and subtract like fractions and mixed numbers, and review examples.
3. How to Add and Subtract Unlike Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Some of the most commonly seen forms of fractions are unlike fractions and mixed numbers. Learn to add and subtract unlike fractions and mixed numbers by reviewing how fractions are handled then explore these processes using real-life examples.
4. Adding and Subtracting Decimals: Examples & Word Problems
Certain steps, like the alignment of the digits in an equation, are very important when adding and subtracting using decimals. Learn about adding and subtracting using decimals through a series of examples, including practice word problems.
5. Multiplying Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Fractions can be multiplied, even when presented as mixed numbers, where an integer accompanies a fraction. Demonstrate understanding through solving examples in dollars, and practicing multiplying fractions and mixed numbers.
6. Dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Fractions can be divided even when presented as mixed numbers, which is where an integer accompanies a fraction. Practice the division of fractions and mixed numbers in a series of practical scenarios.
7. Practice with Fraction and Mixed Number Arithmetic
In mathematics, arithmetic studies and manipulates numbers using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Learn how to use these operations on fractions and mixed numbers, and gain additional understanding by doing practice problems that use the operation of mixed number arithmetic.
8. Multiplying and Dividing Decimals: Examples & Word Problems
When multiplying and dividing decimal numbers, there are rules about what to do with the decimal point. Learn how to multiply and divide decimal numbers, and practice with real-world word problem examples.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade: Online Textbook Help course
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 1: Integers
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 3: Expressions and Equations
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 4: Inequalities
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 5: Ratios and Proportions
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 6: Percents
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 7: Construction and Scale Drawings
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 8: Circles
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 9: Surface Area & Volume
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 10: Probability & Statistics