About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the Big Ideas Math Circles chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the circle topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the math topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- Area and circumference of a circle
- Perimeter, area and volume of combined
- Area of complex figures
Big Ideas Math is a registered trademark of Larson Texts, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Circles: Area and Circumference
Understanding how to calculate the area and circumference of circles plays a vital role in some of our everyday functions. They serve as the foundation for operating with three-dimensional figures. Learn more about the area and circumference of circles in this lesson.
2. Combined Figures: Perimeter, Area, and Volume
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can break up the shapes in a combined figure to easily find the perimeter, area, and volume of the whole figure.
3. Area of Complex Figures
Finding the area of shapes isn't always as simple as it is with squares and rectangles. In this lesson, you'll learn how to find the area of complex figures. This includes finding the area of unusual shapes and finding the area of parts of shapes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade: Online Textbook Help course
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 1: Integers
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 2: Rational Numbers
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 3: Expressions and Equations
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 4: Inequalities
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 5: Ratios and Proportions
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 6: Percents
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 7: Construction and Scale Drawings
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 9: Surface Area & Volume
- Big Ideas Math Common Core 7th Grade Chapter 10: Probability & Statistics