About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Find the lesson within this chapter that corresponds to what you're studying in the Quadrilaterals and Other Polygons chapter of your textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the quadrilateral and polygon concepts you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quiz after watching each video lesson to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material, or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the geometry topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- How to measure the angles of a polygon
- The properties of different shapes
- Finding diagonals in a polygon
- How to define different shapes
Big Ideas Math is a registered trademark of Larson Texts, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. How to Measure the Angles of a Polygon & Find the Sum
Watch this video lesson to learn the one formula that lets you find the measure of angles in any regular polygon. Also, learn how you can tell if you are working with a regular polygon or not.
2. Parallelograms: Definition, Properties, and Proof Theorems
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can identify parallelograms. You will see the unique properties that belong to the parallelogram. You will see the special side and angle characteristics needed to prove a certain shape is a parallelogram.
3. Using & Graphing Parallelograms in the Coordinate Plane
This lesson will teach you how to use and graph parallelograms on the coordinate plane. Examples will be provided to help you understand how to graph and use parallelograms.
4. Properties of Shapes: Quadrilaterals, Parallelograms, Trapezoids, Polygons
Four-sided objects are more than just squares and rectangles. In this lesson, we'll discuss quadrilaterals, parallelograms and trapezoids. We'll also discuss polygons, objects that can have more sides than you can count.
5. Properties of Shapes: Rectangles, Squares and Rhombuses
What's the difference between a square and a rectangle? What about a rhombus and a square? In this lesson, we'll look at the properties of these shapes.
6. How to Find the Number of Diagonals in a Polygon
At first, you might think that the diagonals of a polygon are pretty useless, but watch this video lesson to learn how diagonals are used in real life. You will learn the formula to find how many diagonals a polygon has as well as how to use it.
7. Trapezoid: Definition, Properties & Formulas
A trapezoid has one pair of parallel sides. Learn more about the properties and formulas of trapezoids in this lesson. A quiz following the lesson will allow you to solidify what you've learned.
8. Using the Trapezoid Midsegment Theorem
In this lesson, we will discuss the basic definition of a trapezoid and its midsegment. Then, we will review the trapezoid midsegment theorem and go over some examples of how it is used.
9. Kites in Geometry: Definition and Properties
A kite in geometry looks a lot like a kite in the sky! Watch this video lesson to see for yourself. Also, learn about the side and angle properties of kites that make them unique.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Big Ideas Math Geometry: Online Textbook Help course
- Big Ideas Math Geometry Chapter 1: Basics of Geometry
- Big Ideas Math Geometry Chapter 2: Reasoning and Proofs
- Big Ideas Math Geometry Chapter 3: Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
- Big Ideas Math Geometry Chapter 4: Transformations
- Big Ideas Math Geometry Chapter 5: Congruent Triangles
- Big Ideas Math Geometry Chapter 6: Relationships Within Triangles
- Big Ideas Math Geometry Chapter 8: Similarity
- Big Ideas Math Geometry Chapter 9: Right Triangles and Trigonometry
- Big Ideas Math Geometry Chapter 10: Circles
- Big Ideas Math Geometry Chapter 11: Circumference, Area, and Volume
- Big Ideas Math Geometry Chapter 12: Probability