About This Chapter
Big Picture, Systems & Design Thinking - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, your company's managers will get a high-level overview of big picture, systems and design thinking in business. These simple and engaging lessons break down the stages of these methods of thinking, as well as their benefits, models and barriers. To help your managers retain these concepts, we've included lesson quizzes and a chapter exam. Our subject-matter experts are also happy to answer any questions your managers my have about the material.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter is designed to educate managers on a variety of business perspectives.
- Identifies benefits and barriers: Lessons discuss the practical uses of different types of business thinking, as well as barriers that can affect them.
- Improves business-thinking skills : Managers will be able to quickly apply these methods of thinking in the workplace.
By the end of the chapter, your company's leaders should be able to:
- Explain the concept of big-picture thinking in business
- Describe the benefits of understanding the big picture in work environments
- Recognize barriers that can get in the way of big-picture thinking
- Outline the theory and model of systems thinking in management
- Define lean-systems thinking
- Evaluate the stages of design thinking in business
1. What Is Big Picture Thinking in Business?
Big picture thinkers change the world - they create exciting products, new opportunities and generate non-stop ideas. Big picture thinkers can help a business move ahead in profitable avenues. This lesson discusses the value of having big picture thinking in your business.
2. The Benefits of Understanding the Big Picture at Work
In this lesson, we'll review the concept of understanding the big picture in the workplace and discuss the various benefits and advantages of having this knowledge.
3. Barriers to Big Picture Thinking
Your company feels very stuck. You want to grow and make big changes, but for some reason you're still in the same place. Use this lesson to determine if you need to remove barriers to big picture thinking in your organization.
4. Systems Thinking in Management: Definition, Theory & Model
System thinking is an essential component of a learning organization. In this lesson, we will be exploring the definition of system thinking, its underlying theory, and model.
5. Lean Systems Thinking: Definition & Example
In this lesson, you will learn the concept of lean systems thinking. You will understand the lean principle which helps in achieving goals and objectives of an organization. A few examples are also presented.
6. Design Thinking in Business: Definition, Benefits & Stages
Design thinking transforms real-world problems into real solutions. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this business tool, its stages, and why it is the best way to innovate in today's marketplace.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Agility for Organizations course