About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your biological bases of behavior homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your biological bases of behavior homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Biological psychology basics
- The nervous system
- Parts of the brain
- The endocrine system
1. Intro to Biological Psychology
What are the biological factors that affect our behavior? In this lesson, you'll take a look at biological psychology, which looks at the interplay between biological processes and mental states.
2. What is a Neuron? - Definition, Parts & Function
What are the parts of a neuron? You'll watch Neuron Garciaparra work up a sweat as he throws baseballs to demonstrate the structures and functions of the billions of neurons that reside in your body.
3. What is a Neurotransmitter? - Definition, Types, Function & Examples
How do our bodies communicate with our brains and vice versa? In this video, you'll see how neurons and neurotransmitters can be likened to billions of tiny baseball players engaged in a non-stop game of catch.
4. Nervous System Overview: Central & Peripheral
What happens in your nervous system when you react to stimuli? Did you know that the brain is sometimes uninvolved with reflexes? Find out the answer to these questions, and more, in this lesson on the human nervous system.
5. Parts of the Brain
Is there a way to easily remember the many parts of the brain? Don't be afraid of all these complex terms; this lesson outlines some easy and fun phrases to help you memorize the brain's anatomy. Let's take a look.
6. What is Neuroplasticity? - Definition & Examples
Is your brain preprogrammed and unchangeable or adaptive and malleable? As you watch this video, you'll explore how the brain, a more resilient and resourceful machine than any computer, responds to damage and new experiences.
7. Endocrine System Function & Hormone Regulation
Our hormones play a big part in how we feel and behave throughout the day. Hormones also affect important bodily functions. What other functions do our hormones regulate? Find out in this lesson on the endocrine system!
8. What is Circadian Rhythm? - Definition & Explanation
Learn about your circadian rhythm, which is your body's own internal clock that tells you when to wake and when to sleep. Learn about what it manages and what can influence it.
9. What is Nitric Oxide? - Foods, Benefits & Side Effects
Nitric oxide is not just an ordinary chemical compound. It is produced in our body and is present in some foods. Which foods are sources of nitric oxide and why is nitric oxide good for us? In this lesson, we will learn about nitric oxide.
10. What is a Hemispheric Dominance Test?
Hemispheric dominance tests are designed to determine which side of the brain has more control over personality and learning styles. In this lesson we will discuss the theory, how the tests work, and current criticisms.
11. Rational Behavior: Definition, Theory & Examples
Through referencing examples of rational behavior, this article defines the goal-driven behavior that is determined by our set preferences and priorities.
12. What is Biocultural Evolution?
This lesson goes over the concept of biocultural evolution. First, you'll learn what this term means and then you'll find out, through numerous examples, how culture, biology, and evolution may intersect.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Introduction to Psychology: Homework Help Resource course
- History and Approaches: Homework Help
- Sensation and Perception: Homework Help
- States of Consciousness: Homework Help
- Learning: Homework Help
- Cognition: Homework Help
- Motivation and Emotion: Homework Help
- Developmental Psychology: Homework Help
- Personality: Homework Help
- Intro to Social Psychology: Homework Help
- Psychological Disorders and Health: Homework Help
- Psychological Treatments: Homework Help
- Statistics, Tests and Measurement: Homework Help