About This Chapter
Blended Learning Solutions - Chapter Summary
As you review this chapter, you will be familiarized with the concept of blended learning and have aspects of its implementation and benefits explained to you. The lessons will address the following facets:
- Differentiated staffing and promoting active learning in a blended learning environment
- Specialized roles of teachers in a blended learning environment
- Differentiated instruction strategies
- Technology as a part of a blended learning solution
At the end of each lesson, you will have an opportunity to take a specialized quiz to help determine how well you comprehend the different blended learning solutions presented to you.
How It Helps
- Enumerates benefits: This chapter will explain numerous pros of implementing blended learning solutions in your classroom.
- Defines roles: You will be presented with explanations for various roles of teachers and learners in a blended learning environment.
- Teaches technology strategies: In this chapter, you will be presented with strategies for incorporating technology into your teaching.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Understand role specialization and the roles of students and teachers in a blended learning system
- Differentiate between your role as a learning facilitator and as a classroom director
- Identify what parts of your classroom you can differentiate
- Effectively implement technology use in your classroom, and understand the risks and benefits of this practice
1. The Role of Staff in Blended Learning Solutions
In this lesson, you'll consider the importance of role specialization in a blended learning classroom. Find out how a team of individuals can come together to make this system work smoothly.
2. Facilitator of Learning: Definition & Concept
In this lesson, we will compare the difference between a teacher as a classroom director, and a facilitator of learning who encourages students to take the lead. We will examine what a facilitator of learning does and how students are benefited.
3. The Role of Learners in Blended Learning Solutions
How does effective blended learning improve student engagement and accountability? In this lesson, you'll explore why this form of education requires more active involvement from students themselves.
4. Differentiated Instruction: Adapting the Learning Environment for Students
Differentiated instruction is a great strategy that teachers use to accommodate a wide variety of learning needs. In this lesson, we discuss differentiated instruction and identify which aspects of the classroom can be differentiated.
5. Using Technology in the Classroom
Technology has become much more prevalent and available in the classroom. This lesson will offer some guidelines and strategies for using technology in the classroom.
6. Technology in the Classroom: Advantages & Disadvantages
Teachers in today's schools need to be aware of the uses of educational technology. This lesson explains both the advantages and disadvantages of using technology in the classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.