About This Chapter
Books by Jean Craighead George Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
The lesson plan outlines in this chapter are designed to help teachers quickly plan fun and comprehensive lessons about books by Jean Craighead George, including Julie of the Wolves and My Side of the Mountain. The chapter also comes with in-class teaching materials that you can use to supplement your lessons. We've also included quizzes that you can assign your students, as well as comprehension questions about the literary elements of these novels. You can start planning your lessons right away by using any device that has an Internet connection.
How It Helps
- Helps plan lessons: You'll be able to use the included lesson plan outlines to create your own lessons.
- Supplements instruction: The chapter's lessons and quizzes be used in the classroom to enhance your Jean Craighead George book unit.
- Improves student understanding: Students can think critically about these novels by answering the chapter's comprehension questions.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning Jean Craighead George book lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific Jean Craighead George books you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your literature class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related Jean Craighead George book lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important literary concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant literature-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Julie of the Wolves Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to increase your students' understanding of the novel 'Julie of the Wolves' by Jean Craighead George. Weave our discussion questions into your instruction as your students read a text lesson on the book's plot and characters. Finish with a culminating activity.
2. Julie of the Wolves: Summary & Characters
'Julie of the Wolves' is a novel for older kids about a girl named Julie who lives in Alaska. This lesson will teach you all about the plot of the book and introduce you to some major characters!
3. Jean Craighead George Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to help you teach your students about author Jean Craighead George. Students will read our text lesson outlining her life, work, awards, and influence then discuss content and apply to a fun activity.
4. My Side of the Mountain Comprehension Questions
Teachers, utilize this lesson to ensure your students read the book. Assign It's All About What You Think questions and require a minimum word count to enhance their critical thinking skills.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Famous Children's Authors Lesson Plans course
- Teaching Eric Carle Books
- Ezra Jack Keats Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Patricia Polacco Books
- Dr. Seuss Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Kevin Henkes Books
- Teaching Books by Marc Brown
- Teaching Beverly Cleary Books
- Teaching Cynthia Rylant Books
- Judy Blume Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Pam Munoz Ryan Books
- Teaching Books by Jan Brett
- Gary Paulsen Books Lesson Plans & Activities
- Roald Dahl Books Lesson Plans
- Jerry Spinelli Books Lesson Plans
- Louis Sachar Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Peg Kehret Books
- Teaching Leo Lionni Books