About This Chapter
Branches of Science for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Designed for elementary school students, these lessons in the chapter detail important information regarding the branches of science. Students will explore topics such as the basics of physics and paleontology. Your students can benefit from these lessons in the classroom during classroom instruction and also at home to assist with homework. Whether the students take advantage of text or video lessons, each type comes with additional resources to help students receive a thorough and comprehensive study experience. There are also quizzes at the end of each lesson that help them test their knowledge.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with information about branches of science will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about branches of science.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding physics, paleontology and general science
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about branches of science
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning Earth science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about branches of science
- Students who struggle to understand their Earth science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra Earth science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover various science topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about branches of science.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands different branches within science by completing the Branches of Science for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. What is Physics? - Lesson for Kids
Physics is a branch of science that helps us understand how objects, forces and energy all interact. Do you know how you are affected by physics? Read on to learn more!
2. Geothermal Energy Lesson for Kids: Facts, Pros & Cons
There's something brewing under your feet. Deep inside the Earth, temperatures are so hot that rocks melt into a bubbly brew. Learn how humans use this natural source of heat to create geothermal energy.
3. Paleontology Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
What was life like on Earth millions of years ago? Paleontology is the field of science that tries to answer that question. Learn what paleontology is, what paleontologists do and more fascinating facts about paleontology in this lesson.
4. What is Science? - Lesson for Kids
When you hear the word 'science', you might just think of all the information in your science textbook. But science is more than just facts; it is a system. Learn what science is and how it can be used to find out about how the world works in this lesson.
5. Aerodynamics Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Have you ever wondered how something as big as an airplane can stay flying in the air? If you want to know what it takes to keep things flying, read on to learn the basics of aerodynamics.
6. Animal Science Lesson for Kids
Did you eat eggs for breakfast or have a cold glass of milk with lunch? Humans rely on animals for food and much more. Animal scientists make sure these animals are happy and healthy. Let's learn all about animal science!
7. Meteorologist Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
In this lesson you will learn about a scientist who has a very important job: a meteorologist. Meteorologists use special tools and their knowledge and training to predict and understand the weather.
8. Meteorology Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Meteorology is a branch of science that studies the weather. This lesson will teach you about meteorology, how long it has been around, what meteorologists do and some other cool facts about the field.
9. Biomedical Engineering Lesson for Kids
This lesson discusses the field of biomedical engineering. We will look at the definition and some examples of biomedical engineering as well as the future of the field.
10. Materials Science: Lesson for Kids
There are so many objects in this world, but have you ever taken the time to sit down and think deeply about any of them? This is a simple form of materials science. Come and learn about what materials science is, why it is important, and its role in history.
11. Paleontologist Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Have you ever wanted to dig up fossils of ancient dinosaurs? Then the job of a paleontologist is the career for you! In this lesson, learn all about what paleontologists are, what they do day to day, and how to become one.
12. Zoologist Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Do you love animals? If so, you may want to consider being a zoologist when you grow up! Just like the job sounds, zoologists study animals, including those in the zoo. Check out this lesson to learn more!
13. Zoology Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Zoology is the branch of science that deals with the study of animals. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of the specific details that zoologists study, such as animal behavior and how animals interact in their environment.
14. Archaeology Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Archaeologists are scientists who study the history of humans by looking at what man-made objects were left behind. In this lesson, you will learn what archaeology is, what archaeologists do and amazing facts about archaeology.
15. Branches of Science: Lesson for Kids
Did you know that science can be broken down into several branches of study? These include physical science, life science, and earth science. Let's learn more about each and decide which is your favorite!
16. What Does a Doctor Do? - Lesson for Kids
Have you ever wondered what doctors do all day long? Come and learn about the different types of doctors, including doctors in the office, hospital, and lab, and what their jobs are.
17. Geologist Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Have you ever heard of a geologist? In this lesson, you'll learn more about the different things geologists do and how you could grow up to be a geologist!
18. Oceanography Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Oceanographers explore the Earth's oceans, including the water itself, the ocean floor, and the plants and animals that live in the ocean. In this lesson, learn more about the field of oceanography.
19. Anatomy Definition: Lesson for Kids
When you study anatomy, you get to learn about one of the most fascinating things on the planet - the human body. In this lesson, you'll learn about your body parts and how they fit together to make you, you.
20. History of Chemistry: Lesson for Kids
Everyday items are made using chemistry, like cell phones and medicine. However, in the early days that is not what chemistry looked like! Come along and learn about how chemistry as we know it today came to be!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Earth Science for Kids course
- Overview of Astronomy for Elementary School
- Climate for Elementary School
- Overview of Geology for Elementary School
- Insects for Elementary School
- Types of Weather for Elementary School
- Understanding Matter for Elementary School
- Volcanoes for Elementary School
- Geologic Time for Elementary School
- Dinosaurs for Kids
- Fossils for Elementary School
- Oceans for Elementary School
- Landforms for Elementary School
- Spheres of the Earth for Elementary School
- Coastal Geography for Elementary School
- Bodies of Water for Elementary School
- Islands for Elementary School
- Lakes for Elementary School
- Landmarks for Elementary School
- Mountains for Elementary School
- Plateaus for Elementary School
- Seas for Elementary School