About This Chapter
Bronze Age Cultures - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our expert history instructors explain the characteristics of Bronze Age cultures from China, Ireland, India, Scotland, Mesopotamia and much more. Work through the chapter at your own pace to learn about these cultures' technologies, art, clothing, religion and settlements. The chapter comes with plenty of short quizzes to reinforce the knowledge you gain. You can use any Internet-connected device to study, and our instructors are happy to answer any questions you may have. When you're finished working through the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Describe the art and technology from China's Bronze Age
- Explain what life was like during Ireland's Bronze Age
- Recognize historically significant sites from the European Bronze Age
- Summarize the history of India's Bronze Age
- Compare weapons, art and clothing from the Nordic Bronze Age
- Evaluate the historical chronology of the Aegean Bronze Age
- Interpret facts about Bronze Age cultures and people
- Discuss architecture and weapons from the Mesopotamian Bronze Age
- Analyze the Bronze Age's beliefs, religion and mythology
- Identify the first inhabitants, settlements and burial sites of Bronze Age Scotland
- Assess the role of women during the Bronze Age
1. The Bronze Age in China: Civilization, Technology & Art
In this lesson, we'll travel in time to the Bronze Age of China to better understand the role of bronze technology in the rise of their civilization. We'll discuss their dynasties, casting methods, culture, and artistic bronze pieces.
2. Ireland in the Bronze Age: Life, Houses & Facts
In this lesson, you'll learn about the Bronze Age of Ireland. We'll discuss how bronze was introduced to the Neolithic people, what this technology changed, and the impact on the lives and cultures of the people during this time.
3. The Bronze Age in India: History, Culture & Technology
Bronze-Age civilizations around the world share many traits in common. India's Bronze-Age civilizations share some of these traits, but are completely unique in other ways. In this lesson, we'll examine this ancient and enigmatic world.
4. The Nordic Bronze Age: Weapons, Art & Clothing
The introduction of bronze had big impacts on cultures around the world. In this lesson, you''ll see what it meant in Scandinavia and how it influenced daily life.
5. The Aegean Bronze Age: Civilization, Chronology & Art
A lot changed in the Bronze Age, as farming communities became major civilizations. In this lesson, we'll explore the Aegean Bronze Age and learn about some important civilizations.
6. The Bronze Age in Mesopotamia: Civilization, Architecture & Weapons
Mesopotamia's Bronze Age brought with it a lot of change, but why? In this lesson, we'll see how this era defined our ideas about civilization and what role bronze played in that history.
7. The Bronze Age: Religion, Beliefs & Mythology
In this lesson we will look at the religions, beliefs and mythologies that spread in the Bronze Age. We will see some points common to the diverse civilizations, such as the burials and the gods.
8. Bronze Age Scotland: First Inhabitants, Settlements & Burial Sites
The Bronze Age looked a little different in every part of the world, and Britain is no exception. In this lesson, we'll explore the features of Bronze Age Scotland and see how new technologies changes their societies.
9. Role of Bronze Age Women
Women in the Bronze Age made significant contributions to society through their travels and role in spreading culture, technology and ideas. In this lesson, learn how Bronze Age women shaped their own societies and the world.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Major Eras in World History Study Guide course
- The Stone Age
- The Bronze & Iron Ages
- Classical Greece
- Rome & the Holy Roman Empire
- Government & Culture in the Middle Ages
- Renaissance & Reformation
- World Exploration & Colonization
- Revolution & Independence Movements
- The Industrial Revolution & Enlightenment
- A World at War
- The Cold War Era
- The Hittite Empire
- The Neolithic Age
- The Paleolithic Age
- The Mesolithic Age
- The Iron Age
- Iron Age Cultures
- Stone Age People
- Stone Age Cultures
- The Bronze Age