About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering Bud, Not Buddy characters material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the characters in Bud, Not Buddy. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the characters and quotes in Bud, Not Buddy
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Bud, Not Buddy Characters chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Bud, Not Buddy Characters chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about Bud, Not Buddy characters for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Character analysis of Bud, Not Buddy
- Traits of characters found in the story
- The characters of Herman E. Calloway and Bud
- Important quotes in Bud, Not Buddy
1. Bud, Not Buddy Character Analysis
In this lesson, you will learn about the main characters in ''Bud, Not Buddy''. This analysis will help you to better understand the characters and their roles in the story.
2. Bud, Not Buddy Character Traits
Just like real people, book characters can have very different personalities. That's what makes them interesting! In this lesson, you'll learn how to study the thoughts, feelings, and actions of characters to identify their traits in the book 'Bud, Not Buddy.'
3. Bud in Bud, Not Buddy
One of the reasons we love books is that we begin to feel like we know (and perhaps love or hate!) the characters as we learn about them. In this lesson we will analyze the character, Bud, from 'Bud, Not Buddy.'
4. Herman E. Calloway in Bud, Not Buddy
In 'Bud, Not Buddy,' Herman E. Calloway is a mysterious character that Bud is dying to get know better - but Mr. Calloway has other plans. However, both of their worlds turn upside down when the truth comes out about them!
5. Bud, Not Buddy Quotes
Christopher Paul Curtis, author of 'Bud, Not Buddy', captures the language of a ten-year-old boy who's run away from home in 1936. Bud's wise words go beyond his years. In this lesson, we'll look at some of Bud's most memorable quotes along his journey.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.