About This Chapter
Budgeting & Finance for Safety Professionals - Chapter Summary
Learn how safety professionals go about budgeting and managing finances with this convenient online chapter. These short and simple lessons simplify concepts related to corporate budgeting, economic analysis and returns on investment. By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain how corporations prepare budgets
- Assess techniques and principles related to budgeting and economic analysis
- Use the return on investment formula
Try the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to reinforce your knowledge and remember important terms, formulas and principles. Our instructors are also happy to answer any questions you may have. You can study at any time that's convenient, and the chapter is accessible on any device that has an Internet connection.
1. How to Prepare a Budget for a Corporation
Budgets are some of the most important documents that a company will produce. In this lesson, we'll learn how to prepare a budget for a corporation, starting by planning the budget and ending with distribution.
2. Economic Analysis: Definition, Techniques & Principles
Learn about economic analysis and core principles used in economic analysis. We will also discuss techniques and methods used in conducting an economic analysis.
3. Return on Investment: Definition, Formula & Example
Return on investment is a crucial analytical tool used by both businesses and investors. In this lesson, you'll learn the basic formula, discover a variant used for shareholders, and be provided examples.
4. Financial Planning in Project Management
Financial planning is key to making smart project budget decisions. In this lesson, we'll learn about the two major types of budget estimates and how to develop a project budget.
5. Financial Risk: Types, Examples & Management Methods
In this lesson, you will explore the various types of risks faced by a business and understand how financial risk is different from other types of risks. Then, you will learn about the different types of financial risks and methods to manage them.
6. Procurement: Principles, Process & Strategy
Ever wonder how companies get what they need to make their products? In this lesson, we look at procurement, or the process by which companies buy what they need to do business.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Safety Professional (CSP): Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- Core Concepts in Anatomy
- Fundamental Concepts in Chemistry
- Overview of Physics Concepts
- Microbiology for Safety Professionals
- Mathematical Concepts Overview
- Statistics for Interpreting Data
- Principles of Research Methodology
- Management Planning & Strategic Analysis
- Management Systems for Safety Professionals
- Organizational Leadership & Management Theories
- Motivation, Discipline & Communication in the Workplace
- Fundamental Concepts in Project Management
- Principles of Risk Management for Safety Professionals
- Safety Management for Safety Professionals
- Workplace Hazards & Protective Equipment
- Emergency Preparedness & Security for Safety Professionals
- Occupational Health & Ergonomics
- Environmental Management Systems for Safety Professionals
- Workplace Training & Education
- Law & Ethics for Safety Professionals