About This Chapter
Business Analysis Basics - Chapter Summary
Any employee who needs to understand the techniques and methodologies behind business analysis will find this detailed chapter helpful. Each section is taught by expert instructors who present the information in an engaging and easy-to-understand format as they discuss key topics, including:
- Tools, software and techniques used in business analysis
- Examples and templates for business analysis reports
- Specific methodologies relevant to business analysis
As each section is completed, employees can briefly pause to gauge their understanding of the information by taking multiple-choice quizzes. These quizzes, along with the comprehensive chapter exam, will allow them determine if they need to re-examine any key points before moving on.
How It Helps
- Outlines useful techniques: This chapter illustrates the most relevant and useful techniques and methods in business analysis.
- Provides templates and examples: Instructors refer to specific examples and helpful templates so employees can better understand how to create a business analysis report.
- Describes the tools and software needed: Employees will know which software is best used for business analysis and become familiar with other applicable tools that streamline the process.
Once employees are finished reviewing the concepts in this chapter, they will be able to:
- Explain the methodologies behind business analysis techniques
- Utilize the necessary tools, software and techniques to analyze a business
- Create business analysis reports using templates
1. Methodologies & Techniques in Business Analysis
This lesson provides a definition of business analysis and its importance in selecting, implementing and evaluating organizational strategy. It will then examine the various methodologies and techniques that business analysts use.
2. Business Analysis Tools, Techniques & Software
This lesson examines the tools, techniques, and software commonly used in business analysis. Business analysis attempts to identify the requirements of a particular business and solve business-related problems.
3. Business Analysis Report: Template & Examples
A business analysis report is used by an organization to define a need and develop a solution. In this lesson, you'll learn more about what a business analysis report is and discover a template you can use to create your own.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.