About This Chapter
Business Analysis & Process Models - Chapter Summary
Get an overview of business analysis and process models with this comprehensive management information systems chapter. Inside, you'll find a collection of simple and fun lessons that break down the business analysis process, the purpose of business intelligence, business process modeling, reengineering methodology and much more. Following each lesson is a short self-assessment quiz, and the chapter concludes with a comprehensive multiple-choice exam. Revisit these resources as many times as needed using your computer or mobile device. Our instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have. When you're finished, you should be able to:
- Outline the business analysis process
- Recognize tools, techniques and software that are used in business analysis
- Assess market advantages that are provided by information systems
- Understand the purpose and functions of business intelligence (BI)
- Summarize the business analysis process model
- Define business process modeling (BPM)
- Evaluate reengineering methodology in business
- Explain how jobs can be reengineered for continuous improvement
1. What Is Business Analysis? - Process, Methods & Example
In this lesson, you will learn how companies use the concepts of business analysis to resolve problems and change business processes. We will also learn about specific methods and techniques that can be used when conducting a business analysis.
2. Business Analysis Tools, Techniques & Software
This lesson examines the tools, techniques, and software commonly used in business analysis. Business analysis attempts to identify the requirements of a particular business and solve business-related problems.
3. Business Strategies: Market Advantages Provided by Information Systems
What business strategies might an information system use? We'll take a look at the concepts of business process modeling, process re-engineering, total quality management and competitive advantage and see how they relate to information systems.
4. Business Intelligence (BI): Organizing, Categorizing and Accessing Data
Business Intelligence uses specialized information systems to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace. Learn about some of the specific tools used in Business Intelligence.
5. Process Model in Business Analysis
The process of completing tasks is an extremely important part of doing business. In this lesson, we will discuss the business process model and how it can be used in business analysis.
6. What is Business Process Modeling (BPM)? - Definition, Notation & Examples
In this lesson, we'll describe what a business process is and how a business process is analyzed and refined when necessary. We will also view examples of various BPMN analytic tools including flowcharts, data flow diagrams, and Gantt charts.
7. What Is Reengineering in Business? - Definition, Examples & Methodology
Change is often necessary to succeed in business. In this lesson, you'll learn about re-engineering in business, including its methodology. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
8. Reengineering Jobs for Continuous Improvement
Reengineering jobs for continuous improvement results in dramatic improvements such as streamlined processes, enormous cost savings, and more profit for the company.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 303: Management Information Systems course
- Management Information Systems Concepts
- Knowledge Management in MIS
- Ethical Issues in MIS
- Computer Hardware in MIS
- Computer Software in MIS
- Data Management & Database Management Systems
- Networks & Telecommunications
- Developing Business Information Systems Processes
- Electronic Commerce Information Systems
- Global Business & Marketing Information Systems
- Required Assignments for Business 303
- Studying for Business 303