About This Chapter
Business Analytics - Chapter Summary
The focus of this chapter is to provide you with a comprehensive overview of the ways businesses stay connected with their customers and measure their success. By the end of this chapter you will have explored:
- How to use data for business decisions
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Purpose and goals of using CRM
- Definition of a customer base
- Customer value
- How to warehouse and mine data
- A comparison of structured and unstructured data
Each lesson contains a video along with its transcript to provide you with two methods for learning. The videos have been developed to effectively illustrate the material, and the transcripts are also available for text-based learning. You will find a timeline below each video you can use to review a particular portion of the lesson. At the end of each lesson, take the self-assessment quiz to test your knowledge of each topic.
1. Using Big Data Analytics to Drive Business Decisions
This lesson will define the meaning of big data analytics and will also discuss how this information is used to drive business decisions by allowing organizations to remain ahead of the competition.
2. Customer Relationship Management: Using CRM to Focus on Customers
Customer relationship management (CRM) is an enterprise business system that organizations utilize to acquire, enhance, and retain relationships with customers. This lesson explores how CRM helps organizations become more customer-focused and profitable by combining functional processes with business operations.
3. Goals & Objectives of Companies Using CRM
Companies that use customer relationship management (CRM) have a different point of view when it comes to their customers. They are customer focused and driven. This lesson will take a look at the goals and objectives of companies that use CRM.
4. Customer Base: Definition & Overview
A customer base is absolutely essential for business success. In this lesson, you'll learn about customer bases and important related concepts. A short quiz follows the lesson.
5. What is Customer Value? - Marketing & Definition
In this lesson, we will learn the meaning of customer value and discover how consumers use customer value to make buying decisions. We'll also learn why companies must establish and maintain a high customer value for their products and services.
6. Data Warehousing and Data Mining: Information for Business Intelligence
Collections of databases that work together are called data warehouses. This makes it possible to integrate data from multiple databases. Data mining is used to help individuals and organizations make better decisions.
7. Structured vs. Unstructured Data: Definition & Examples
In this lesson you will learn what structured and unstructured data are and how they are different. You will also see how both are used and see some examples of each type of data.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Marketing for Teachers: Help & Review course
- How Organizations are Structured & Designed
- General Business Management
- Ethics and Social Responsibility in Organizations
- Business Law & Regulation
- Economic Basics
- Business and the Economy
- The Economy and the US Government
- Entrepreneurship & Types of Businesses
- Marketing Basics
- Product Pricing & Selling
- Product Development & Distribution
- Promotion & Advertising
- Selling & Customer Service
- Market Research and Segmentation
- Strategic Planning for Marketers
- Global Business Strategies and Challenges
- Business Communication
- Computer Basics for Business
- The Internet and Business
- Marketing Education
- Career Planning for High School Students
- Laying the Foundation for a Marketing Career
- Marketing Employment Skills
- Marketing Career Stages
- Marketing Instruction & Assessment