About This Chapter
Business & Client Development for Marketing - Chapter Summary
These lessons will present information to you about business and client development for marketing. Get to know strategies and processes for product development and business growth, and the definition and benefits of a customer database. Take a look at other lesson information, such as:
- Pre-qualifying projects and clients as part of prospective client research
- Marketing technology and customer relationship management
- Developing a business contact database and managing it
- Plans and activities regarding marketing client business development
- Definition and process of marketing client perception studies
Lessons are divided into specific topics, which enables us to keep each short and quick to absorb. Any time you have a few minutes, log in on your mobile device and complete a lesson.
1. Setting Business Development Goals
Where do you see your business next week? What about next year? This lesson will discuss how you can set business development goals that will help your company to be successful!
2. Product Development and Business Growth: Process & Strategies
Product development is an essential part of any company's growth strategy. It allows for growth in sales and market share. This development, though, is a finely tuned process that we will discuss in this lesson.
3. Prospective Client Research & Pre-Qualifying Clients & Projects
Finding clients is time consuming and essential for business growth and revenue. In this lesson, learn effective steps for researching prospective clients. In addition, methods to pre-qualify potential clients and/or projects are discussed.
4. Customer Relations: Definition & Concept
Cultivating customer relations is crucial to the success of any business. In this lesson, you'll learn about customer relations including some of its key concepts. A brief quiz follows the lesson.
5. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management helps companies retain customers and boost the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. Watch this video to see how customer relationship management is guided by technology to provide the most appropriate level of customer service.
6. What is a Customer Database? - Definition & Benefits
Maintaining a customer database is an important way to keep up-to-date on customer information and data. A database provides access to clients, builds loyalty, and encourages repeat business. Learn more about databases in this lesson!
7. How to Develop & Manage a Business Contact Database
Developing and managing a business contact database allows a business to keep track of customers, contact former customers, and market special services. These steps will help you be more effective in creating a contact database.
8. Marketing Client Business Development: Plans & Activities
Client development in marketing is critical to building and maintaining strong business relationships. In this lesson, you'll learn more about client business development as a marketing tool.
9. How to Develop Marketing Project-Pursuit & Capture Plans
Project-Pursuit and Capture Planning are useful tools that can help an organization take advantage of different opportunities. Capture planning works great within the existing business development and planning process, allowing a business to capture effectiveness and efficiency from projects or clients.
10. Marketing Client Perception Studies: Definition & Process
Understanding how your brand, business, products, or services are viewed by customers is a critical insight for any company. In this lesson, you'll learn more about client perception and the process for conducting a study.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer course
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Marketing Data Collection Techniques
- Marketing Data Analysis Techniques
- Marketing Planning
- Strategic Planning for Marketing
- Customer Experience & Satisfaction
- Methods of Assessing Customer Satisfaction
- Marketing Proposals
- Proposal Presentations
- Contracts & Proposal Tracking in Marketing
- Promotional Activity in Marketing
- Advertising in Marketing
- Management in Marketing
- Marketing Recruitment & Training
- Overview of Interpersonal Communication
- Group Dynamics & Team Building
- Organization Design & Structure
- Marketing Ethics & Regulation
- CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer Flashcards